Nellore: A lineman working in Andhra Pradesh southern power distribution company limited (APSPDCL) was electrocuted while attending to a complaint at Deen Dayal Nagar in Navalacgarden at Nellore late on Friday night.
The victim suffered electric shock and fell down from an electric pole while rectifying a snag.
He was rushed to a hospital in Nellore but he breathed his last during the treatment. He was married and has 18-months-old son.
Andhra Pradesh electrical employees union state president Duggirala Hari Babu has demanded the government to offer adequate compensation to the family. Police have booked a case and handed over the body to the family after post-mortem.
In another incident, a 22-year-old youth, V. Govardhan of Ramareddy Kandrika in Doravarisathram drowned in a well located inside a tank on Saturday. Locals said that, he does not know swimming and the incident took place when he stepped into the well inadvertently on Saturday.