Chennai: A customer in Chennai recently found a blood-stained band-aid in his food ordered and delivered by a popular fast food aggregator.
The customer, identified as Balamurugan, resident of Selayiur, had ordered a Chicken Schezwan Chopsuey from a local Chinese restaurant in his locality, and had consumed more than half of it before finding that a band-aid had been in the bottom of the box all along.
Balamurugan immediately took to Facebook to communicate his disapproval writing, “Contacted restaurant and they aren't sensitive and offering a replacement for the food! Who again wants to eat such contaminated food! Tried to contact Swiggy, no option to call them directly through the app for already delivered food, and the only option is to chat, but they aren't responding either! Want to badly sue both restaurant and Swiggy too for partnering with a restaurant which doesn't practice general hygienic method like using hand glove or not allowing any kitchen staff with injured fingers or hands in the kitchen.”
Hours later, Balamurugan updated his post stating that Swiggy had got in touch with him and ensured that corrective measures were being taken.
“Restaurant owner educated and sensitised the employee and took corrective measure to ensure hygiene is followed by all employees without fail. I did not ask for any compensation, as I was satisfied with the kind of sincerity with which the restaurant owner investigated the issue, took corrective measure and informed me in detailed about the whole incident, and provided unconditional apology.”
Meanwhile, Swiggy in a statement, said, “While the restaurant has acknowledged a lapse at its end, based on the complaint, we have suspended this outlet pending further investigation by an external agency. We deeply regret the issue faced by one of our users and apologise for the angst it has caused. This is certainly not the level of service we intend to promote.”