Search Results For winnipeg
- Synchro dads: Manitoba men’s team makes a splash in synchronized swimming
The 10 dads on Manitoba's only men's synchronized swimming team have made a major splash since coming together in January to support Winnipeg's Aquati
- ‘Where the hell are we supposed to go’: Winnipeg set to dismantle homeless camps
The City is planning to dismantle homeless encampments on public property, but those who live there and those who support them say that won't solve th
- Eight confirmed cases of scabies at Winnipeg long-term care centre
One of Manitoba’s largest rehabilitation and long-term care centres for seniors has declared a scabies outbreak.
- Witness who lived with Winnipeg man accused in death of woman found in barrel testifies about strange home dynamic
Holley Sullivan told a jury there were “jealousy issues” among the several women who shared a home with Perez Cleveland, who is accused of killing
- Winnipeg to open time capsule from 1965
The City of Winnipeg is unveiling a time capsule Tuesday. There was no word on why the time capsule was being opened 53 years, five months and 21 days
- Trio bikes from Kansas to Winnipeg to raise awareness, money for eating disorders
Trio of friends from Wichita, Kan. biked 1,600 kilometres to shine light on anorexia, eating disorders and mental health.
- Large blaze on Winnipeg’s Young Street destroys 2 homes, damages 4 others
Six houses were affected by a large fire that broke out in an abandoned house on Young Street on Sunday morning.
- Assiniboine Park Zoo welcomes visitors to new interactive stingray exhibit
Over a dozen rays have found a new home at Assiniboine Park Zoo's new 'Stingray Beach" exhibit.
- How the 1919 Winnipeg General Strike led to bloodshed and political change
While the strike itself lasted only six weeks, the fallout from the unprecedented display of strength by both ordinary workers and anti-union forces c
- Same-day return flights from Calgary to Regina offered for 2019 Heritage Classic
Classica Canadian Tours is offering a same-day return charter flight from Calgary to Regina for the 2019 Heritage Classic on Oct. 26.
- Supreme Court of Canada to sit outside Ottawa for first time; heading to Winnipeg
For the first time ever, the Supreme Court of Canada will sit outside of Ottawa.
- Flowers are ‘symbol of Mother’s Day,’ say last-minute shoppers in Winnipeg
What makes flowers the best Mother's Day present? Last-minute shoppers in Winnipeg explain the importance of celebrating their mothers.
- Winnipeg Transit Plus bus repaired after photo of driver tying door closed with rope draws criticism
The City of Winnipeg's transit department didn't say what caused the issue but added that the problem was identified on Friday.
- Owner fuming after pet rescue demands money to return lost dog
A Manitoba dog owner says she was told she would have to pay a pet rescue $150 to return her dog when he escaped her sister's yard.
- Manitobans paying more for fruits and vegetables at the grocery store
The price of groceries in Manitoba, fresh vegetables in particular, are on the rise, and there's no sign of it slowing down this year.
- Winnipeg Airports Authority celebrates solid first quarter with 7.5 per cent traveler increase
Winnipeg Richardson International Airport welcomed more than 1.1 million travellers in the first three months of the year. That's a 7.5 percent incr
- UP woman in hospital, bodies of husband and son still in mortuary in Canada
Ram Niwas Mishra and his younger son drowned in an apartment block swimming pool in Winnipeg late last week.
- Buyer beware: Where you purchase your pets’ medication matters
Winnipeg vets are warning pet owners to think twice about buying pet medications online, saying some are 'counterfeit products' that could actually ha
- Son expected to survive after father, brother die from drowning in St. James pool
A boy who has been in critical condition since he nearly drowned at a pool in St. James Sunday is expected to live. An update posted by a family frien
- ‘We don’t joke about swastikas’: Winnipeg restaurant owners say anti-Semitic attack was no hoax
Police say the motive for the allegedly faked crime is unclear, although news outlets unearthed court documents suggesting that the family was in fina