Search Results For volatility
- Trade setup: Exit polls to infuse volatility; avoid aggressive bets
Traders should stay away from aggressive bets & continue to adopt a high degree of caution.
- Tweet Buster: A way to beat poll volatility & time to invest in gold?
Sensex zoomed on Friday and Shankar Sharma said this maybe on account of leaked exit polls.
- Strategies to protect your portfolio against result day market gyrations
Depending on the election outcome, analysts are expecting Nifty to swing wildly on either side.
- Traders bet on higher volatility in copper amid US-China trade war
The strategy is expected to pan out towards expiry of the contract, on or before June 26.
- Correction and volatility ahead
Mumbai: The domestic market is likely to trade sidewise, as investors have turned cautious over the outcome of the ongoing general elections and the r
- HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank or Axis -- which ones to pick: Bandyopadhyay offers cues
Corporate results are another area of worry for the markets.
- Asia’s economies can fight off trade war: Report
The biggest risks remain an escalation of trade tensions, a sharper global slowdown and financial market volatility.
- India, China set up joint working group to tackle crude volatility
The two countries have set up a joint working group that would identify subjects of cooperation in the energy sector, including ways to rein in global
- Airlines likely to see 'volatility' in profit & loss accounts on new accounting standard
Financial costs are likely to climb further for airlines with new accounting standards on leases.
- Tweet Buster: Bakshi says debt funds are new shadow banks; Sabharwal says learn from volatility
Here is what Dalal Street honchos had to say on the market and on other market-linked events.
- Long volatility ahead of poll results can offer gains, say analysts
The buyer of a call and a put pays a premium to the seller.
- Growing retail, good volatility and a diverse portfolio helping MCX revenue growth: Mrugank Paranjape
For every Rs 100 of revenue, Rs 80 goes straight into the bottom line, says MCX CEO.
- Volatility ahead of derivatives expiry likely
The maker continued to be in a correction mode with the Sensex ending 80 points lower at 38564, while Nifty closed 18.50 points at 11576 on Tuesday.It
- Fear gauge surges to 15-month high: What's it signalling
Analysts believe the VIX is unlikely to see the highs of 39 this time.
- Volatility index rises, markets remain bullish
Mumbai: Sharp upward movement of NSE's India Volatility Index (VIX), a gauge for market's short term expectation of volatility in the equity m
- F&O: VIX rises again; but higher volatility may also boost Nifty50
Till Nifty50 holds above 11,720, it can extend momentum towards the 11,888 level.
- What is an arbitrage fund?
Returns from arbitrage funds depend on arbitrage opportunities available between the spot market and the futures market.
- Morgan Stanley sees two big reasons low volatility will come to an end
Investors may have gotten into the habit of selling volatility.