Search Results For us economy
- Trump, Xi could meet next month on trade: White House aide
US President Donald Trump and China's Xi Jinping could meet next month on the sidelines of the G20 summit to hash out their differences on trade, but
- Trump says the US economy can sizzle if the Fed slashes interest rates. Is he right?
Trump says a big Fed rate cut and a new bond buying stimulus would lift the economy. Analysts say it would provide a modest lift but increase risks Â
- Questions will hang over a no-drama Fed meeting
These important questions will not be answered at this weekâs Fed meeting.
- Crude oil market evenly poised, be cautious at higher levels
WTI crude prices may touch $70-75, though near this level, we may see a breather in rally.
- Warren Buffett on US economy: Things have slowed down
Buffett has been on the hunt for an âelephant-sized acquisitionâ to spend some of his more than $100 billion cash pile.
- Sensex surges 400 points powered by banking, energy stocks
The Sensex was up 350 points at 38,241while Nifty rose to 11,475. The BSE midcap index was up 0.75%. Among the Sensex stocks, RIL, Vedanta, NTPC, SBI,
- Trump 2020 election LANDSLIDE: Latest US polls - Blue wall âcanât resistâ Trump economy
DONALD TRUMP could win by a landslide come 2020, according to new polls showing the Presidentâs economic performance carrying him to a second term.
- US Treasury yield curve inverts for first time since 2007
A wave of buying drove the 10-year yield to fresh lows for the year.
- US Consumer Spending Tumbles in December
US consumer spending in December took its biggest dive in nearly a decade, retreating during a month when Wall Street suffered a historic rout, accord
- GAP Inc Says It Will Split in 2 Companies, Close 230 Stores
Gap Inc. on Thursday announced plans to split into two companies and shutter 230 stores in a makeover that showcases its hot "Old Navy" chain and deem
- US Economy Grew 2.9% in 2018, but What Will 2019 Bring?
The US economy kicked into high gear last year in the wake of sweeping tax cuts but slowed in the final months, suggesting the boom had begun to fade,
- Patient policy still warranted despite solid growth: Powell
Powell will also appear before the House Financial Services Committee on Wednesday.
- HALF of US business economists predict RECESSION by 2020 in HUGE economic shock
THE US will plunge into recession by the end of next year according to over half of American business economists, speaking via a recently released sur
- Fed's policy pause sets stage for broad overhaul
One central question in the Fed's policy rethink is whether the Fed should react to periods of low inflation.
- Brexit, trade tensions pose risk to US economy: Fed
Washington: Continued trade tensions and Brexit are key risks facing the US economy and could undermine financial stability, the Federal Reserve cauti
- Krugman sees possible US recession with little Fed reserve wiggle room
âLetâs put it this way, our current Treasury Secretary is no Hank Paulson,â he said.