Search Results For space mission
- Jeff Bezos Unveils Blue Moon Lunar Lander; Details Blue Origin Plans For Space Colonies
The Blue Origins founder has targeted a moon landing by the year 2024.
- US VP Mike Pence confident first woman to land on moon will be American
Washington: The United States is planning another space mission to the moon, Vice President Mike Pence said on Monday, asserting that the first woman
- Today Marks 47 Years of NASA's Penultimate Moon Mission Aboard the Apollo 16
The Apollo 16 was NASA’s fifth lunar landing mission, and was intended to have astronauts discover volcanic rocks on the surface of the moon.
- Israeli Spacecraft Crashes Moments Before Landing on Moon After Technical Snag
The spacecraft lost communication with ground control late Thursday as it was making its final descent to the moon. Moments later, the mission was dec
- India Pulls Off Impressive Feat With EMISAT Launch Aboard ISRO’s PSLV-C45
The EMISAT, or Electromagnetic Intelligence Satellite, is India’s first electronic surveillance satellite, and will add to the firepower of the Arme
- Pakistan decries India's Mission Shakti, says it's against militarisation of outer space
In New Delhi, the Ministry of External Affairs said in a statement that India has no intention of entering into an arms race in outer space.
- Ancient asteroid Bennu full of surprises for scientists in Canadian-involved space mission
OSIRIS-REx mission offers first glimpse of near-Earth asteroid, including revelation Bennu’s surface is strewn with huge boulders.
- ‘We’re just humans on a single spaceship,’ says Canadian astronaut David Saint-Jacques from ISS
Global News spoke to Canadian astronaut David Saint-Jacques on what is his 100th day in space at the International Space Station.
- India engaged with China for lunar mission, talks failed to take off
China’s Chang’e-4 lunar exploration mission was the first one to land on the far side of the moon – the side that’s not visible from earth –
- US Interested in Forming Working Group with India for 'Gaganyaan' Project: Former NASA Chief
India plans to send three astronauts to space by 2022 through mission 'Gaganyaan'.
- How Mars Opportunity rover ranks in list of more than 1,000 unmanned space missions by NASA since 1958
The Mars Opportunity rover's 15-year mission: To boldly go into Martian craters everywhere. But now that it's over, where does it rank?
- ISRO’s Human Space Flight Centre Has Eyes on The Gaganyaan Project
The Gaganyaan project will involve a first unpiloted flight next year, in December 2020. The second stage of the project will involve a crewed mission
- ISRO Keen to Fly a Woman in Maiden Manned Space Mission, Gaganyaan
Three astronauts, who will be sent to space, will be chosen by the Indian Air Force (IAF) and trained by the Institute of Aerospace Medicine in Bengal
- India plans manned space mission by December 2021
BANGALORE, India --- India will send its first manned mission into space by December 2021, the head of the country's space agency said on Friday.
- ISRO set to launch Chandrayaan-2 in March-April
The new schedule comes after the ambitious space mission missed two earlier launch windows in 2017 and 2018
- India's first manned mission to space may have a woman astronaut too
ISRO chief K Sivan said the target for two unmanned missions to space is December 2020 and July 2021, and the target for a manned mission to space is
- ISRO Says Gaganyaan Manned Space Mission Launch Set for December 2021
ISRO has set up a new centre to facilitate the manned voyage involving a three-member crew, Chairman K Sivan said.
- After Historic Flyby, New Horizons Probe Treks Deeper on Hunt For Moons
New Horizons on New Year's day came within 2,200 miles (3,500 km) of Ultima Thule, which represents a pristine time capsule dating to the birth of the