Search Results For sears canada
- Sears Canada’s court monitor opposes priority of assets be given to pensioners over other creditors
FTI Consulting argues in a Sept. 7 filing to Ontario Superior Court that the pension proposal should be dismissed due to legislation and case law.
- Will 16,000 Sears Canada retirees see their pensions?
Sears Canada paid millions in dividends while its pension went underfunded. Now the former employees may end up paying the price.
- Sears Canada shutters its final stores after months-long liquidation
The long-time staple of Canada's retail landscape declared bankruptcy last year and announced in the fall that it would liquidate its remaining stores
- Everything must go: Sears Canada closing final stores Sunday
The retail giant declared bankruptcy last year, and announced in the fall that it would liquidate its remaining stores and lay off thousands of employ
- Sears department store in Belleville heads into final weekend
The Sears Canada department store at the Quinte Mall in Belleville will close for good on Sunday
- Few more sleeps until Sears closes shop in Kingston
“The products you carry, the service you offer and the store atmospheric or ambiance that you provide, and Sears didn’t have distinction in any of
- Year in Review: Top 5 news stories for Global Toronto in 2017
A Canada-wide manhunt, a $250-million cocaine bust and the demise of Sears Canada all made the top news stories for Global Toronto in 2017.
- 2017 was a terrible year for Canadian retailers – and 2018 could be even worse
The retail apocalypse is far from over.
- Sears Canada’s rocky downfall named Canadian Press business story of 2017
The chain's closure sparked a number of controversies and left some 15,000 employees out of work.
- Sears holds job fair for displaced employees
Sears Canada in Belleville Ont. held a job fair for employees.
- Watch: Former boss breaks silence, says Sears could have been saved
Sears Canada was on the road to recovery, says former executive chairman Brandon Stranzl, breaking his silence.
- No deals at Sears? Here’s why prices can be higher during liquidation sales
'People should be very wary of liquidation sales,' says bankruptcy lawyer
- Customers report higher prices during Sears Canada liquidation sales
Sears said any instances of higher prices would be an 'odd exception’ or the product of a ‘system error.’
- Sears Canada begins liquidation sales
Sears Canada timed its liquidation sales to take advantage of the busy holiday shopping season.
- Sears customers claim they were duped into buying useless warranties
According to several accounts, Sears sales representatives told buyers the warranties belonged to separate company.
- Why is the Sears outlet in Pointe-Claire hiring?
Although the Sears outlet in Pointe-Claire is set to close soon, they are looking to hire new staff to help them with their liquidation.
- Sears revises bonuses as it tries to get employees to stay to the very end
The plan does not involve new funds.