Search Results For researchers
- Hamilton researchers invent way to store vaccines at higher temperatures
The method creates light, durable, and compact doses that would be ideal for shipping Ebola vaccine, for example, to affected regions of Africa, the r
- A great white shark was spotted in Long Island Sound for the first time ever, researchers say
Researchers tracked a nearly 10-foot long great white shark named Cabot to the Long Island Sound on Monday.
- Healhty gut: Coffee impacts bowel movement
Washington: People who drink coffee know that it helps keep the bowels moving. As part of a recent study, researchers tried to document the reason beh
- Plants have increased the process of photo-synthesis to slow down climate change
Washington: As the planet gets warmer, plants are working to slow the effect of human-caused climate change, observed researchers. Since the beginning
- Georgetown researchers tracked a group of kindergartners into the labor market. Here's what they learned
Even among kids with high test scores, blacks and Latinos are less likely to get college degrees and prestigious jobs than white and Asian students.
- Antarctica: Why researchers were STUNNED after diving below iceberg – ‘INCREDIBLE!'
ANTARCTICA researcher were left stunned when they scaled below a huge iceberg in the middle of the Southern Ocean.
- Human-made changes are cause of connectivity loss in global rivers
Washington: Infrastructure development and other human-made changes are the leading contributors to connectivity loss in global rivers, resulting in d
- ‘Extinct’ bird species reappeared on Indian Ocean island after 30,000-year gap, Brit researchers discover
AN extinct species of bird came back to life when it reappeared on an island thousands of years later. The flightless white-throated rail was wiped ou
- UK researchers develope new technique to detect homemade bombs
Researchers have developed a new technique that detects homemade explosives, which will eventually enable forensic experts to trace where the device c
- Why red wines taste dry
Washington: It wouldn't take long for wine aficionados to distinguish a dry red wine from a fruitier red wine. Ever wonder why some wines taste dr
- Calgary researchers turn greenhouse gases into carbon fibre
A researcher at the University of Calgary says she has developed a method of turning greenhouse gases into valuable carbon nanofibres.
- Chinese Researchers Try Brain Implants to Treat Drug Addicts
The hope is that technology will extinguish his addiction, quite literally, with the flip of a switch.
- Creating human embryos out of human skin cells
Washington: Researchers have found a way to turn skin cells into embryonic stem cells, which could lead to the creation of a complete embryo from skin
- Australian researchers find antidote for deadly box jellyfish sting
Australians believe that they have found out an antidote of jellyfish that is a venomous creature.
- Oldest human footprint found in Chile
Santiago: A 15,600-year old footprint discovered in southern Chile is believed to be the oldest ever found in the Americas, according to researchers.T
- Researchers develope Annovera, a highly effective contraceptive vaginal ring
Researchers develope Annovera, a highly effective contraceptive vaginal ring, which has a self-inserted system and can be used for an entire year.
- Ontario’s proposed alcohol policies will increase harms, researchers say
Researchers say the changes recently announced by the Progressive Conservative government — including wider availability, increased hours of sale an
- Rising temperature to ignite more wildfires
Washington: Hot temperature is the most important factor in predicting the risk of wildfire than humidity, rainfall and moisture, a new study has reve
- London, Ont. researchers confirm new method of HIV transmission and provide prevention technique
New studies are showing for the first time that HIV can be transmitted through sharing equipment used to prepare drugs, but also how this transmission