Search Results For recidivism
- Criminal Justice reform: We can improve expensive, ineffective system by lowering recidivism
The costs of criminal activity are unacceptably high, but the reforms supported by the president promise to reduce costs and cut down on recidivism.
- Recidivism rate falls in Telangana
Hyderabad: The Telangana State prison’s have drastically reduced the rates of recidivism, an issue that prisons across the country and the
- Re-entry into society, or back to prison?
Project documents how failures in the incarceration system send inmates back at alarmingly high rates.
- Children exposed to lead less likely to commit crimes in adulthood: Study
A study has recently found that children who are exposed to lead at a young age are less likely to involve in criminal practices later in life.Accordi
- By ex-felons, for ex-felons: Re-entry that works
A New Orleans transitional home helps men who have been discarded by the incarceration system.
- 'Kaval' brings down recidivism among children
KOZHIKODE: ‘Kaval’, the project of social justice department for the betterment of children in conflict with the law (CCL) has regist
- For some inmates, being released is more terrifying than being locked up
Walking out of a jail cell doesn't make a prisoner free. Finding purpose, community support does.
- Re-entry program helps inmate fight anger issues
After two decades of cycling in and out of prison, Sylvester is dealing with his past and trying to leave violence behind.
- Prisoners who risk their lives during Calif. wildfires shouldn't be shut out of profession
They are skilled. They sacrifice for $1 per hour. But once inmates finish their sentence, laws bar them from the job.
- Prison diversion was supposed to save her. Instead, she fell back to the life she knew.
A self-proclaimed 'tough case,' the inmate blew what may have been her biggest chance to start again
- Piper Kerman to speak live on her re-entry, work with inmates
Join us for a Facebook live at 2 p.m. Wednesday, send your questions and comments
- Atonement, free housing and life lessons — Exodus House helps ex-inmates stay out
Housing is a barrier to re-entry. So are job skills and emotional support. A religious-based group provides a fresh start
- She has spent nearly a lifetime in the system
Candace Harp-Harlow has been in and out of criminal detention since she was 12. She's hoping that during her current incarceration, she's fo
- Is America failing its prisoners?
Is America failing its prisoners?
- After battling prison and addiction, mother stops women from returning to system
Susan Burton called incarceration "torture." She spent nearly two decades in its revolving door. Life taught her how to provide help that confinement