Search Results For punjab govt
- Nawaz Sharif's daughter thanks Punjab govt for addressing fathers health
Islamabad: Daughter of former Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif on Thursday thanked the Punjab government here for addressing her ailing father's 'd
- Hafiz Saeed barred from leading Friday prayers, Pak's Punjab govt takes control of JuD, FiF headquarters
Pakistan's territory will not be used for any kind terrorism outside. My government will not allow that.
- 22 trains cancelled, 24 diverted as thousands of Punjab farmers lay siege to railway...
The protesters sat on the tracks at 1:30 pm disrupting the traffic on Amritsar-Delhi route, forcing cancellation of as many as 22 trains and diversion
- Cheers for tipplers: Punjab govt hikes liquor quota, rates may dip
Rs 1 bottling fee per litre introduced to fund alcohol de-addiction; new battalion to check smuggling from neighbouring states
- Recruitment drive: Punjab govt to start employment programme for urban youths
Punjab Chief Minister Amarinder Singh said Thursday the state government will soon launch a new employment generation programme for the urban youth, w
- Punjab government to bring law to regularise contractual employees: CM Amarinder...
Chief Minister Capt Amarinder Singh’s announcement was aimed at 37,000-odd contractual employees, mostly from the education department, who have bee
- Punjab cabinet gives nod for law to revive bullock cart races at Kila Raipur sports...
For the past four years, there have been no bullock cart races at Kila Raipur, popularly known as mini or rural Olympics.
- Eye on polls, Punjab govt cuts fuel rates, expands loan waiver
Presenting the third budget of the Capt Amarinder Singh-led Congress government, Manpreet Badal slashed the rates of petrol and diesel by Rs 5 and Re
- India to send draft pact on Kartarpur to Pakistan within a month
The corridor will connect Darbar Sahib in Pakistan’s Kartarpur — the final resting place of Sikh faith’s founder Guru Nanak Dev — with Dera Ba
- Three names finalised by UPSC for new Punjab DGP
The UPSC panel, sent back to the Punjab government for final selection, includes names of Samant Goyal (on central deputation) , DGP special task for
- Punjab Govt to Give 1,38,000 Bicycles to Girls Studying in Classes 11, 12
The scheme under the Women and Child Development Department will cost nearly Rs 40 crore to the state exchequer, said Education Minister Om Parkash So
- Debt-ridden Punjab to seek bailout package from 15th finance panel
Punjab’s outstanding debt, which was Rs1.96 lakh crore on March 31, 2018, is estimated to touch Rs 2.11 lakh crore at the end of the 2018-19 fiscal,
- Government job fair in Ludhiana sees only one applicant, officials blame bad weather...
The almost no-show at the Punjab government’s job fair was despite the fact that the district bureau of employment and enterprises claimed to have i
- Navjot Singh Sidhu gets bullet-proof Land Cruiser from Punjab CM's fleet over 'higher...
The move comes after the home department headed by the Punjab CM Amarinder Singh enhanced his cabinet colleague Navjot Singh Sidhu’s security cover
- Pakistan rejects Punjab's land swap demand to make Kartarpur part of India
The Punjab assembly on December 14 had unanimously passed a resolution, seeking an India-Pak land swap deal on Kartarpur, the final resting place of G
- Punjab MLAs all set for the Andamans, third time in 3 months
Two committees of the Punjab assembly have already visited the Andaman and Nicobar islands in the last two months. The first committee went in October
- Grenade blast at Nirankari prayer meet in Amritsar leaves 3 dead, Punjab govt vows...
Two armed bike-borne youths forced their way into a building where the Nirankari spiritual group was meeting in Adliwal village in Amritsar and threw
- Facing SAD's threat, Punjab govt withdraws controversial History textbooks
Facing SAD's demand for an apology for "hurting" Sikhs' religious sentiments through the new class 12 history textbooks with derogatory references to
- Facing SAD's Threat, Punjab Govt Withdraws Controversial History Textbooks for 'Hurting Sikhs'
Chief Minister Amarinder Singh directed the Punjab School Education Board to continue with the old, existing history textbooks for the academic year 2
- Arvind Kejriwal blames Centre, Haryana and Punjab govts for air pollution in De...
Delhi chief minister Arvind Kejriwal blamed the Centre, and the governments of Haryana and Punjab on Monday for the severe air pollution in Delhi, all