Search Results For president
- How Europe will choose its next generation of leaders
This week's European parliamentary elections will launch a scramble for the continent's top leadership jobs, but won't decide the winners. Unlike in t
- PM Modi greets Joko Widodo on re-election as Indonesian President
"Heartiest congratulations @jokowi on your re-election! As two large democracies, we take collective pride in successful celebration of democracy," PM
- Indonesia’s Joko Widodo re-elected president as rival cries foul
JAKARTA --- Thousands of soldiers fanned out across Jakarta on Tuesday as unexpectedly early results in Indonesia's election showed Joko Widodo wa
- Amid claims of cheating, Joko Widodo wins Presidential re-election in Indonesia
Jakarta: Incumbent President Joko Widodo won last month's Indonesian election with 55.5 per cent of votes against 44.5 per cent for his challenger
- Trump DEMANDS former White House counsel to DEFY order to testify in Russia election row
US PRESIDENT Donald Trump told former White House counsel Don McGahn to defy a subpoena to testify before Congress about the Russia investigation.
- Indonesia's Joko Widodo wins second term as president
Widodo and his vice-presidential running mate Ma'ruf Amin won the election by a 55.5% to 44.5% margin over Subianto and Sandiaga Uno, the Election Com
- Trump diagnosed ‘CRAZY and confused’ by senior Iran official - ‘all in his imagination'
DONALD TRUMP is a "crazy president" whose threats against Tehran aren't going to work, a senior Iranian official said Monday.
- Attack means official end of Iran, says Donald Trump
Washington: In his sternest direct threat to Tehran, US President Donald Trump has warned that a military confrontation with America would ‘be t
- Newly-elected Ukrainian President Zelenskiy Announces He Will Dissolve Parliament, Calls Snap Elections
Prime Minister Volodymyr Groysman resigned in protest shortly the announcement, saying Zelenskiy had rejected his proposals and chose another path.
- Indonesian President Joko Widodo Wins Election Amid Claims of Widespread Cheating
The official result confirms unofficial counts by private pollsters of the April 17 election, giving Joko Widodo a comfortable victory, though it coul
- Pranab Mukherjee Hails EC, Says Polls Were Conducted 'Perfectly'
Speaking at a book launch event here, the former president said that right from the first election commissioner Sukumar Sen to the present election co
- Ukraine's new TV star president dissolves parliament minutes after taking office
The bold move by Ukrainian TV star Volodymyr Zelenskiy followed the failure of a majority of lawmakers to use parliamentary ruses to hamper his plans.
- Chandrababu Naidu's plan doesn't take off at Mamata Banerjee meet, focus back on...
Naidu’s formula is that opposition parties should submit a memorandum to President Ram Nath Kovind declaring their intent to form a coalition govern
- Comedian and Ukraine President Volodymyr Zelensky gets sworn in, dissolves parliament
A month after scoring a landslide election victory against incumbent Petro Poroshenko, Volodymyr Zelensky became Ukraine's youngest post-Soviet pr
- Brazil: Want to remarry if released from prison, says 73-year-old ex-president Lula
Brazil's imprisoned ex-president Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva, still loved by large parts of the population, plans to remarry if he is released from pris
- US President Donald Trump says Iran provocations will be met with 'great force'
Washington: President Donald Trump is threatening to meet provocations by Iran with "great force," but says h
- Senators agree to keep Sotto as Senate President
MANILA, Philippines --- Senator Vicente "Tito" Sotto III will stay as Senate President when the new Congress opens in June. The decision to keep th