Search Results For polls
- 'Congress backers' murder Maharashtra's BJP Muslim activist
Mumbai: A Muslim worker of the BJP was killed in Maharashtra’s Akola district after a group of persons, allegedly associated with the Congress,
- BJP regained seats lost in bypolls between 2014-2019
New Delhi: The resounding win of Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) in the Lok Sabha elections has also reinstated the party in more than half of parliament
- Nearly 80% Candidates Lost Security Deposit in Lok Sabha Polls in Jammu & Kashmir
A total of 79 candidates were in the fray for the six parliamentary seats, but 63 of them lost their security deposit of Rs 25,000 and Rs 12,500 (for
- Stalin, DMK leaders pay tribute to Karunanidhi after victory in LS polls
Chennai: DMK President M K Stalin and newly elected MPs-MLAs and other leaders of the party on Saturday paid tribute to M Karunanidhi here after obtai
- Amid saffron surge, Mamata Banerjee's challenge to keep flock together ahead of state polls
A Modi wave and simmering anger over TMC's alleged appeasement of the minorities that polarised voters after bloodied panchayat elections last year ma
- Amid saffron surge, Mamata Banerjee's challenge to keep flock together ahead of Assembly polls
The BJP won 18 of total 42 Lok Sabha seats in the state and increased its vote share from 17 per cent in 2014 to 40.5 per cent this time.
- God has punished Chandrababu Naidu, says Jagan Mohan Reddy
Jagan also pointed out that Naidu illegally took away three MPs of YSRCP and now his party got only three Lok Sabha seats.
- Nearly 80 per cent candidates lose security deposit in LS polls in Jammu and Kashmir
Incidentally, forty-five candidates had secured far less votes than NOTA which had got a total of 21,724 votes across the state.
- In next assembly polls, the TMC will be finished in WB: BJP's Saumitra Khan
New Delhi: After lotus bloomed in West Bengal by winning 18 seats in the Lok Sabha, Saumitra Khan, BJP's candidate from Bishnupur constituency on
- Senthil Balaji reminds Vijayabhaskar of his vow to quit politics
Please ask him and let me know when he is resigning his post and quitting politics, so that we can ready ourselves for the next by-election.
- LS polls was battle between Rahul Gandhi, Narendra Modi: Gopal Rai
New Delhi: The Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) has said that the recently concluded Lok Sabha election was a battle between Congress president Rahul Gandhi and
- Alappuzha embraces Left again
Alappuzha: Alappuzha, the cradle of Communist movements, is back in the kitty of Left Democratic Front (LDF) after a decade. It comes at a time
- Day after poll result, a cocktail of emotions runs through Amethi
From Thursday, when Congress suffered only its third defeat here since 1967, most Amethi residents had very little sleep as they celebrated or rued th
- Kejriwal’s fears come true as Muslims ditch AAP, vote for Congress
After Shakur Basti, the Ballimaran assembly constituency, at 68.25%, recorded the second highest voter turnout in the national capital.
- INTERVIEW | 'Our aim is to wipe out the Aam Aadmi Party': BJP's Parvesh Verma
Fresh from being crowned the BJP MP from West Delhi, Parvesh Verma credits his spectacular win to Modi’s popularity and the dedication of party wo
- Looking forward to working with new govt of PM Modi: IMF
Washington: The International Monetary Fund IMF is looking forward to working with the new government of Prime Minister Narendra Modi, a top official
- Ashok Chavan may resign as Maharashtra Congress chief
Former CM expected to meet Congress chief next week; calls for resignations at state level so it helps Rahul give party a fillip
- 10 ways the new Modi government can kick-start the economy
A plan to kick-start private investment and stimulate demand has already been drawn up.
- View: Narendra Modi's growth model needs to address unique Indian problems
Narendra Modi's welfare economic model is more East Asian than European.
- How UP BJP overcame its weak areas to eclipse the Opposition
Administrative steps taken by the government to redress public grievances helped the party in winning 62 seats by mustering 50 per cent vote share