Search Results For political funding
- Modi's political funding must be investigated, shall request the EC: Mamta
Khejuri/Tamluk: Accusing the BJP of doling out money to buy votes in the general election, West Bengal Chief Minister and TMC supremo Mamata Ban
- SC directs parties to submit details of donations through electoral bonds
The Supreme Court said on Friday that issues arising from political funding through electoral bonds had “tremendous bearing on the sanctity of the e
- Supreme Court seeks poll fund data
New Delhi: Lifting the veil of anonymity from the government’s controversial political funding scheme, the Supreme Court on Friday directed all
- Cong hails SC order : Transparency in political funding must be adhered to
New Delhi : The Congress on Friday welcomed the Supreme Court judgement on electoral bonds, saying the party has always maintained that transpare
- No stay on electoral bonds, Supreme Court seeks donor details from parties
The Supreme Court has turned down a plea for interim stay on electoral bonds and asked the political parties to share details of the donations receive
- SC to Rule on Validity of Electoral Bonds Today; Centre Says Voters Needn’t Know Source of Political Funding
A plea filed by an NGO has sought that either the issuance of electoral bonds be stayed or the names of donors be made public to ensure transparency.
- Changes in laws on political funding have serious repercussion on transparency: EC opposes electoral bonds in SC
Election Commission said it had written to the Centre saying the changes made in several laws relating to political funding will have "serious repercu
- Electoral bonds in 3 tranches from March: FinMin
The government had brought in electoral bond scheme as an alternative to cash donations made to political parties as part of its efforts to bring tran
- 2019 general elections could be world's most expensive: US-based Expert
The upcoming Lok Sabha elections in India will be the most expensive in Indian history and perhaps, one of the most expensive elections to be ever hel
- Ahead of 2019 Polls, Electoral Bonds Make Political Funding for Parties All The More Opaque
Among the most questionable methods of unknown sources of funding are electoral bonds which were launched by the Union government through the Finance
- In 2017, BJP spent 74 per cent of its Rs 1,027.34 crore income
New Delhi: The Bharatiya Janata Party has declared a total income of Rs 1,027.34 crore during financial year 2017-18 and spent 74 per cent (Rs 758.47
- 6th tranche of electoral bonds sale to kick off from November 1: Finance ministry
Electoral bonds are being pitched as an alternative to cash donations made to political parties as part of efforts to bring transparency in political
- Political funding: Who pays for the party?
Political funding: Who pays for the party?
- AAP and Shiv Sena together got more donations than Congress
The Congress has received less in donations than the Shiv Sena (SHS) and the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP), two regional parties, collectively received in bot
- Supreme Court issues notice to Centre on legalising foreign contribution to political parties
The SC sought the Central government's response on a plea challenging the amendments to the act which it said were introduced to bail out the BJP
- BJP got Rs 532 cr in donations above Rs 20K, more than 12 times of Congress: ADR
Congress says BJP will be the biggest beneficiary of introduction of electoral bonds and will “coerce and threaten” the people for donations.
- ET View: Should political parties be under the remit of the Right to Information act?
Answers to some of the questions are vital for authentic democracy. But there also are matters that can be revealed to the public.
- Congress cuts travel, allowances, tea as coffers run dry; 2019 campaign may take...
As Congress lost state after state, its funding crisis worsened, because ruling parties in states were relied upon to become cash cows for their respe