Search Results For ontario colleges
- Ontario to link post-secondary funding to grads’ employment and earnings
Only a small proportion of funding has been linked to institutional performance in recent years - 1.4 per cent for universities and 1.2 per cent for c
- Ontario colleges develop free speech policy ahead of government deadline
The policy applies to all of the province’s 24 colleges, and defines freedom of expression as “the right to speak, write, listen, challenge and le
- Premier Kathleen Wynne to tour Ontario colleges and universities
On a campus tour this week, Wynne will be touting the Liberal government’s tuition rebates, but she may also get an earful from college students ups
- ‘Magnificent victory’ after part-time staff at Ontario’s 24 colleges vote to unionize: OPSEU
OPSEU said 84 per cent of the ballots counted were cast in favour of joining the union.
- Arbitrator gives college instructors pay hike, $900 return-to-work payout
Award on salary increases is what employers included in final offer. Union’s demand for academic freedom for instructors to determine course content
- Ontario government delays releasing number of college students seeking tuition refund after strike
Advanced Education Minister Deb Matthews says the government has received the figures from the province’s 24 colleges, but is just now compiling the
- Ontario college strike: OPSEU promises to challenge back-to-work legislation
OPSEU president Warren (Smokey) Thomas says the union's lawyers believe the Liberal government "had other options" instead of forcing an end to the st
- Pressure high for Ontario college students back in class
Tuesday like "the first day of school all over again" to students impacted by longest-ever Ontario college teachers' strike.
- Students who quit college because of strike can get tuition refund
And those who are staying enrolled can apply for up to $500 in financial aid, as government recognizes impact strike has had on student finances.
- When students are the only adults in the room: Cohn
You can’t ignore the plight of 500,000 students for five weeks and pretend it’s politics as usual.
- Striking faculty reject colleges’ contract offer
News of the vote result prompted Premier Kathleen Wynne to say she’ll immediately meet with both sides.
- As Ontario colleges strike enters its fifth week, the costs are piling up for ‘hopeless’ students
Rent, groceries, getting around — bills are piling up for what’s essentially been dead time for many students
- Ontario colleges to create fund for students experiencing financial hardship due to strike
Some students are worried about how to pay for unexpected costs that could arise as a result of the strike, like having to pay additional rent or canc
- Fleming students frustrated with Ontario college faculty strike
Fleming College students say they're frustrated with the strike by faculty at Ontario's colleges.
- Deal or no deal? College strike nearing four weeks
OPSEU, the union representing striking employees, says it was under the impression a bargained deal was on the table Monday morning. However, the coll
- Union calls on striking Ontario college faculty to reject latest contract offer
The strike, which involves college professors, instructors, counselors, and librarians, began Oct. 15 and has left 500,000 full time and part time stu
- Ontario colleges ask faculty to suspend four-week strike
Talks falter after more than four days, as strike by instructors drags on into fourth week affecting more than 300,000 students.
- Colleges, union head back to bargaining table
Strike, now in its third week, is affecting 300,000 students across Ontario.
- Talks to resume Thursday in Ontario college strike, minister says
More than 12,000 college professors, instructors, counsellors, and librarians went on strike Oct. 15, putting hundreds of thousands of students out of
- Premier warns colleges, union to return to bargaining table
’I don’t want to see any students in this province lose their term,’ says Kathleen Wynne