Search Results For ontario
- Water levels rise on Toronto’s eastern beaches
Despite soggy beaches and localized flooding along the waterfront, the city says the Toronto Islands are better protected since record water levels in
- Toronto woman says her dog was stolen from her lap as she napped on the subway
Alberta Bakker says she was travelling south from Eglinton station in the city’s Midtown neighbourhood, when she dozed off with her chihuahua mix Ma
- Farmhouse fire leaves Central Huron senior dead: OPP
The deceased has been identified as Brian Radford, 62, of Central Huron.
- Canadian parole officers feel overworked, according to national survey
A recent survey of Canadian parole officers shows that they feel overworked and can't properly do their job protecting the public because of it.
- Ontario dentist charged after alleged sexual offences involving co-op student, police say
The dentist, who police say worked at the Small Town Family Dental Clinic in Shelburne, faces one count each of sexual assault, sexual exploitation an
- Here’s what’s on in London over the Victoria Day long weekend
If you're looking for local events and activities this long weekend, there's no shortage in the London region.
- Parents of children with autism call for Lisa MacLeod’s resignation during emotional telephone town hall
On Thursday, one of a number of telephone town halls took place where experts, stakeholders and parents weighed in with personal anecdotes, comments a
- Angry 9-1-1 calls after Amber Alerts prompt discussion about alternatives
The reaction to the Amber Alert isn't uncommon, as many police services across the province have reported similar calls since the alerts started in ea
- Ontario government takes steps to allow humane societies to enforce animal cruelty laws
umane societies in Ontario may be allowed to enforce animal cruelty laws once the province's animal welfare charity abdicates its role next month.
- Ontario provincial parks gear up for first Victoria Day long weekend since cannabis legalization
For some nature-loving Canadians turning to provincial parks for their Victoria Day celebrations, campfires won't be the only thing set ablaze.
- Father and son in Cobalt, Ont. charged with manslaughter after remains found
Both are also charged with indignity to a dead body, criminal negligence causing death and trafficking in opioids.
- 3 local businesses recognized at Hamilton/Halton 1Awards
QReserve, AmandaSteene Cosmetics and Dolled Up Desserts all took home accolades for their work.
- London spray pads to open for the season over Victoria Day long weekend
Children will be able to enjoy a splash at all 16 spray pad locations in London starting Saturday.
- Milton teens hospitalized after smoking what they believed to be cannabis
Two Halton Region teens were transported to hospital after displaying signs of a suspected drug overdose following consuming what they assumed was can
- Ford government’s anti-carbon tax ad mocked for sending opposite message when on mute
Political observers and social media users say the television ad prepared by the Progressive Conservative government, a vocal opponent of the tax that
- Grimsby marine rescue group hopes to be left ‘high and dry’
The volunteer group had a record year for rescue missions in 2018 when it was called out 38 times.
- Ford government proposal could force senior professors at Queen’s University to work without salaries
A new provincial government proposal could have some senior professors working for free.
- Sublets on the rise as wanderlust renters are ‘holding onto their apartment for dear life’
“I knew that I just could not financially walk away from a lease in Toronto,” says one Mexico-bound resident, who feared being priced out of her h
- Woman and 2 children escape Caledonia house fire that caused $1 million in damages
Haldimand County Fire Services say a woman and two children escaped a house fire in Caledonia which caused over $1 million in damages.
- OPP launch road, water safety initiative ahead of Victoria Day long weekend
OPP are unveiling their safe road and safe boating awareness week starting Thursday morning at Ontario Place, ahead of Victoria Day long weekend.