Search Results For nova scotia
- Autism Aviators, a program to help make travel more accessible, takes off
On Sunday, a mock travel day at Halifax Stanfield Airport sought to give those on the autism spectrum the chance to experience the process of travelli
- Crash between car, dump truck leaves man with life-threatening injuries
The exact cause of the crash is still being investigated.
- ‘It was absolutely shocking’: Man arrested, removed from Sherbrooke gold mine information session
John Perkins, an environmental advocate, was forced out of a public information session organized by Atlantic Gold.
- Prime Minister hears NS praise on environmental spending, as protesters arrested
Nova Scotia Premier Stephen McNeil thanked Trudeau for providing "a good start" to the costs of cleaning up a lagoon near Pictou Landing First Nation
- Castor Williams, Nova Scotia’s first black provincial court judge, dies
As a provincial court judge, Castor Williams spent his entire career in Halifax. Though he retired at age 70, he spent the next five years working as
- Halifax MP announces $15M project to clean up water in Harrietsfield
Halifax MP Andy Fillmore announced a 15-million dollar project on Thursday aimed at cleaning up an area of a now defunct recycling plant.
- Cape Breton coal mine to reopen rock face where small methane fire broke out
The stop-work order issued Wednesday was applied to a 730-metre rock face that the Labour Department had permitted to reopen in January after a series
- No injuries after two buses collide in Lower Sackville
Police say the crash involved a Halifax Transit bus and a school bus.
- Halifax residents react to Ipsos poll on racism
"We need to smash those stereotypes and see the humanity in each and every one of us," said one Halifax resident.
- Fisherman’s body recovered from lake in Musquodoboit Harbour
Police say the victim from Lower Sackville was found at around 1:45 a.m., and he appeared to be wearing a flotation suit.
- RCMP investigating after horse-drawn buggy crashes into glass window in Lunenburg, N.S.
It is believed that the horse became spooked and took off running with passengers on board.
- One dead, one injured after two-vehicle crash in Hubbards, N.S.
Police are still investigating the cause of the crash.
- Nova Scotia disability, accessible housing advocate passes away at age 47
Joanne Larade was pushing to have dedicated housing for people with physical disabilities provided by the government.
- Vigil held for injured Nova Scotia woman, dead man after attack on hiking trail
Hiking groups have said the entire event came as a shock, as the Appalachian Trail has a reputation for being safe even for people who hike alone.
- Dalhousie University appoints new president for 2020
The new president, Deep Saini, is a scientist who earned his PhD in Plant Physiology from the University of Adelaide in Australia.
- Police investigating discovery of human remains in New Minas
RCMP members attended the area and were able to retrieve the remains of a male individual from the Cornwallis River.
- Nova Scotia hires professors to evaluate changes to bolster inclusive classrooms
The Education Department says the goal is to gain a deeper understanding of what is working in inclusive education and what may need to be adjusted to
- Nova Scotia human rights board awards nearly $600,000 for racist discrimination
The mechanic filed the complaint with the rights commission over 12 years ago, in July 2006, saying the worker suffered from trauma due to the hostile
- RCMP seek to identify suspect of alleged assault in Timberlea
The driver got out of the vehicle and punched the other man the face. The driver then got back into his vehicle and continued on Greenwood Ave. tow
- New Twitter feature tackling vaccine misinformation an ‘important step’: N.S. chief medical officer
Certain keywords linked to vaccines or vaccination in the Twitter app will now prompt a link to the federal government health website.