Search Results For mumbai health
- Teen dies of leptospirosis, is fourth victim in Mumbai this monsoon
Doctors said the 17-year-old Worli resident, like the two earlier victims, had delayed treatment.
- Mumbai civic body releases animated short on leptospirosis
Leptospirosis, mainly a monsoon disease, is caused by bacteria present in urine of animals such as rats, dogs and cattle
- HIV deaths in Mumbai rise from 72 to 116 in past year
Overall deaths in Maharashtra have been decreasing; numbers high as data includes deaths that occurred in previous years but were recorded now, says o
- World Hypertension Day: Cases rise by 97% in Maharashtra in 7 years, shows surv...
In 2017-18, 74,77,101 patients were screened and 2,06,935 diagnosed as positive for hypertension.
- 12 private hospitals in Navi Mumbai may soon get licence to retrieve organs
Experts say decision will benefit patients with end-stage organ failure, as it will boost organ donation and aid transplants
- Rain, drop in temperature bring back infections to Mumbai
City doctors are worried that water stagnation will also result in a spike in mosquito-borne diseases
- Are all ventilators at Mumbai's JJ Hospital working?
Ventilators are lifesaving machines because the machines provide mechanical breathing assistance to patients in critical condition.
- Do infections spread through blood donation? Medical interns in Mumbai college don't...
67% interns in one of Maharashtra’s best medical colleges did not know if the Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV), hepatitis A, C, B and other such i
- This Mumbai film-maker went from fat to fit, he tells you how
Three years ago, his weight hit 114kg. the heaviest I had ever been, but now he weighs 79kg
- How mouth-to-mouth breathing helped Mumbai man save his 45-day-old child
Mumbai city news: Priyom was suffering from bouts of fever and a respiratory infection for 15 days. His condition deteriorated after this and he had t
- Swine flu cases shot up in Mumbai's western suburbs in two weeks, say doctors
Mumbai city news: Dr Tanu Singhal, an infectious disease expert at Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital in Andheri, said she gets 20 patients suffering
- Mumbai doctors to study why some dengue cases show severe complications
Mumbai city news: The researchers will collect blood samples of 200 dengue patients who developed complications in intensive care units. They will iso
- Mumbai's KEM Hospital's ear implants help 300 kids in 10 years
Mumbai city news: The children, most of them below five years of age, had severe hearing loss since birth.
- Hoarding on doctors' kickbacks will not go, says Mumbai hospital
Mumbai city news: The hoarding put up by the hospital in Bandra-Kurla Complex read ‘Honest Opinion, No Commission’, which IMA said insulted the pr
- Cataract surgery devices sold at 10 times the market price, Maharashtra FDA wants...
Mumbai city news: Consumers are charged Rs8,000 for a brand of intraocular lens, which has a landing cost of Rs800. Another brand which costs Rs 7,000
- Maharashtra government wants blood donation camps at railway stations
Mumbai city news: Blood banks have been tackling the serious shortage for over 90 days
- Shortage of haemophilia drugs force patients to travel out of Mumbai
Mumbai city news: The search for the lifesaving drug has become a routine thing for more than 4,500 haemophilia patients across the state for the past
- Pune betters Mumbai with 22 cadaver donations this year
According to state officials, Pune’s Zonal Transplant Coordination Committee’s (ZTCC) efforts to raise awareness about cadaver donation has cont
- This doctor's clinic at a Mumbai railway station charges Re1 as fee, treats hundreds...
The 12-hour outpatient ward of the clinic in Ghatkopar has three MBBS doctors and visiting MD specialists