Search Results For mortgage rates canada
- Big banks poised to follow suit as RBC trims 5-year fixed mortgage rate
Canada's main financial institutions were expected to lower their five-year fixed rates because of a decline in the government bond market.
- Your debt in 2019: Trends that will affect your finances and how to prepare for them
Interest rates, home prices, financial market volatility and a possible future recession loom large on Canadians' household balances.
- More homeowners are turning to private lenders. Here are the risks
More people are borrowing from non-bank lenders — at sharply higher interest rates — amid stricter mortgage rules.
- Could you pass the mortgage stress test? Here’s how to find out
Whether you're signing a new mortgage, up for renewal or refinancing, there's a simple rule of thumb to estimate how much you can afford to borrow.
- Home prices to remain flat across Canada in 2018, says RBC – is this the new normal?
A new report offers a glimpse of what the housing market might look like if interest rates start lifting from historic lows.