Search Results For monetary policy committee
- WPI inflation slips to 3.07% in April, food prices still high
Inflation in food articles hardened with steep rise in prices of vegetables during April. WPI based inflation was at 3.62 per cent in April 2018 and 3
- Retail inflation rises to six-months high
The rate of price rise in April is the highest since October 2018 when the rate was 3.38 per cent.Inflation in the food basket was 1.1 per cent in Apr
- Slowdown concerns to be addressed in Budget: Sources
The Asian Development Bank (ADB), the RBI and the IMF have cut India's GDP growth forecast for 2019-20 to 7.3 per cent.
- Indian data issues: Economists are now creating their own benchmarks
Economists and investors are now using alternative sources of data or creating their own benchmarks to measure the economy.
- India's services sector output growth at 7-month low in April: PMI
Despite the moderation, the services PMI was in the expansion territory for the 11th straight month.
- Inflation: Mirage or monster?
Inflation as measured by the Consumer Price Index is below the government set target of 4% for 8 months in a row despite volatile crude oil prices and
- Indian consumers face post-election fuel price shock, economy could be hit
For oil-import dependent India, higher global prices could lead to a weaker rupee, higher inflation
- (Trans)mission Impossible? A discussion on monetary policy
It can be argued that the MPC is under-utilizing guidance as a monetary policy tool.
- RBI first APAC central bank to begin interest rate easing cycle: Fitch
Fitch's baseline is for the RBI to remain on hold for the remainder of 2019
- View: The next government needs to ax the banks
For much of the past two years, distributors and retailers of consumer products have been warning of a growing lack of liquidity.
- MPC members divided over interest rate cuts, RBI minutes show
On April 4, the RBI had reduced the repo rate by 25 basis points to 6 per cent.
- Weakening domestic growth impulses prompted RBI for rate cut: Minutes of MPC meet
Mumbai: Weakening of domestic growth impulses and global slowdown prompted Reserve Bank of India (RBI) Governor Shaktikanta Das to vote for a 25 basis
- RBI inflation goals need to be reviewed: PM's adviser
The RBI made a surprise U-turn on monetary policy this year under new Governor Shaktikanta Das after food prices fell.
- RBI may cut interest rates for third straight time: BofA-ML
We expect the MPC to cut rates by 0.25% to 5.75% on June 7, Bank of America Merrill Lynch said in a note.
- One more headache for RBI: Oil all set to upset its inflation math
With oil at 5-mth high, investors are less confident about RBI’s pace of monetary easing.
- Goldman sees RBI pause on rate in rest of 2019, two hikes in 2020
In a 4:2 majority vote, the central bank cut the repo rate to 6% from 6.25%
- Will RBI go in for a rate cut again? Key pointers suggest so
With inflation below medium-term target, RBI may drop the repurchase rate by 25 basis points.