Search Results For monetary policy
- View: Policy continuity needs to get priority over new reforms
The economic agenda should be two-pronged-bringing the already initiated policy changes to completion and initiating new measures to improve the mediu
- View: The economic battle, now that the political one’s won
The operation of credit policy is currently unsatisfactory, and ultimately the exchequer bears the consequences.
- View: US fills in on oil where Opec refuses to go
Where oil goes from here may depend on the production agreement between OPEC and Russia.
- Reform agenda will be more inclusive if Modi-led govt comes to power again: Report
"Boosting rural growth will also be a priority through expanding the already announced PM-Kisan scheme but is unlikely to include a nationwide farm lo
- State of Economy-VI: Booster investment dosage needed to fire-up slacking consumption
To put it simply, the overall economic growth is expected to decline on the back of slacking consumption due to farm distress, global headwinds and st
- Canada’s inflation up 2% in April, as carbon tax helps push gas prices higher
Inflation is in line with the Bank of Canada's target, which lowers the chance of another interest rate move in the near term, economists said.
- RBI must go for large rate cut in June: SBI report
The RBI had cut the repo rate by 25 points each in its last two policy reviews.
- DNA Money Edit: CPI inflation up, rate cut hopes still linger
Higher food inflation stems from the rise in crude prices; Brent was at a five-month high at $75 per barrel, causing higher fuel and light inflation
- WPI inflation slips to 3.07% in April, food prices still high
Inflation in food articles hardened with steep rise in prices of vegetables during April. WPI based inflation was at 3.62 per cent in April 2018 and 3
- Retail inflation rises to six-months high
The rate of price rise in April is the highest since October 2018 when the rate was 3.38 per cent.Inflation in the food basket was 1.1 per cent in Apr
- Slowdown concerns to be addressed in Budget: Sources
The Asian Development Bank (ADB), the RBI and the IMF have cut India's GDP growth forecast for 2019-20 to 7.3 per cent.
- Indian data issues: Economists are now creating their own benchmarks
Economists and investors are now using alternative sources of data or creating their own benchmarks to measure the economy.
- RBI likely to cut interest rate again in June
RBI had cut interest rate by 25 basis points each in February and April to boost economic growth.
- Bonds to turn a corner? Traders pinning hopes on RBI rate cuts
Demand for Indian bonds is seen picking up as bets emerge that the RBI will cut rates again.
- Inflation to stay low for a long time; lower interest rates to spur savings
There is increasing evidence that the killer of inflation has not been the central bank.
- India's services sector output growth at 7-month low in April: PMI
Despite the moderation, the services PMI was in the expansion territory for the 11th straight month.
- Buffett: Low inflation at odds with current fiscal, monetary policy
"But I have been wrong on that for some time," Buffett said
- Economy may have slowed in 2018-19: FinMin report
The monthly economic report of the department of economic affairs listed the factors behind the slowdown. It is a widely acknowledged fact that growth