Search Results For ministry
- Home Ministry alerts states ahead of counting
New Delhi: The home ministry on Wednesday put out a nation-wide alert to states about possible eruption of violence in different parts of the country
- Guard against violence, MHA advises states
The central security agencies have received inputs that some organisations and individuals, particularly in UP, West Bengal, Bihar and Tripura, have g
- I&B ministry asks channels to adhere to news and non-news categories
The ministry gives permission for uplinking under two categories -- non-news and current affairs, and news and current affairs.
- States alerted by Home Ministry of possible violence on result day
New Delhi: Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) has alerted the State chief secretaries & state police chiefs on Wednesday regarding the possibility of
- FinMin starts meeting with industry bodies in run-up to 2019-20 budget
The final Budget for the fiscal is likely to be tabled in July after formation of the new government.
- FinMin prepares 100-day agenda for new government; focus on boosting economy, investment
Among other things, the agenda is likely to focus on increasing private investment, employment generation and giving relief to the farm sector, source
- Ahead of Lok Sabha Poll Results, I&B Ministry Warns Broadcasters Against Airing News on Entertainment Channels
The ministry directive made no mention of potential penalties that may be imposed should any channel fail to comply.
- Budget corporate tax cuts depend on LS outcome: Sources
The government had assured industry of fulfilling its earlier promise of lowering the corporate tax rate in the full budget in July if it is voted bac
- AFT asks defence ministry to produce original records
Verma’s lawyer Ankur Chhibber said the matter would come up for hearing on May 29, three days before current navy chief Admiral Sunil Lanba retires.
- Vice Admiral Verma files fresh plea on appointment of new Navy Chief
In his petition, Vice Admiral Bimal Verma also sought quashing of a note issued by the defence ministry rejecting his plea against Singh’s appointme
- New India leader should prioritize easing land acquisition rules
India’s economic growth slowed to a six-quarter low of 6.6% in the three months ended December.
- Kelowna toddler, 2, sustains serious injuries in fall from third-floor balcony
Police say boy was rushed to hospital after falling from balcony on Saturday morning.
- Finance Ministry prepares 100-day agenda for new government; focus on boosting economy, investment
New Delhi: With the Lok Sabha election process coming to an end, the finance ministry has prepared 100-day ag
- Union Ministry of water a bad idea: Expert
Bengaluru: With severe water crisis looming over the Southern states, the Centre, last week, had issued a drought advisory to Tamil Nadu and cautionar
- Vice Admiral Bimal Verma Files Fresh Plea in Military Court on Appointment of New Navy Chief
Last week, the defence ministry rejected Verma's petition challenging the appointment of his junior, Vice Admiral Singh, as the next Navy Chief.
- Government to take over 3 stuck highway projects of IL&FS
The projects in question will be owned by the ministry of road transport and highways after the parties reached a settlement of about Rs 200 crore wit