Search Results For mark norman
- ‘The fight of your life’: In a Postmedia exclusive, Mark Norman tells his side of the story
Norman was in his kitchen in April 2017 when his wife Bev, astonished, called out to him. 'I think the prime minister was just talking about you'
- Christie Blatchford: For the Liberals, the Norman file is yet another case closed
Odd especially that Trudeau has declined opportunities to apologize to Norman, since he has made saying sorry for the sins of others part of his own d
- Liberals block parliamentary inquiry into Mark Norman case, reject invitation to have him testify
'This is very disappointing, to know Norman has put in over 30 years in service to his country in uniform, and the Liberals won't even give him three
- Defence minister Sajjan says he supported chief of defence staff’s decision to suspend Norman
Defence Minister Harjit Sajjan says he supported the chief of defence staff's decision to suspend Vice-Admiral Mark Norman in 2017, more than a year b
- Trudeau supports Commons motion apologizing to Mark Norman despite being absent for it: PMO
Yet the fact Trudeau was absent when it took place, despite having been there just minutes earlier for question period, gave political fodder to the C
- House of Commons offers all-party apology to Vice Adm. Mark Norman over failed prosecution
Conservative MP Lisa Raitt got unanimous consent for the statement of regret shortly after question period today.
- House of Commons unanimously passes motion to apologize to Mark Norman and his family
The motion was put forward by Conservative MP Lisa Raitt after question period, and received comprehensive backing from all parties, including the Lib
- RCMP hasn’t seen evidence that led to demise of Mark Norman case
The case revolved around a November 2015 decision by the newly elected Liberal government to reconsider a $700-million contract the Harper Conservativ
- Canada’s top soldier called to cabinet meeting after collapse of Crown’s case against Vice-Admiral Mark Norman
Both Chief of Defence Staff General Jonathan Vance and Jody Thomas, the deputy minister of national defence, could be seen walking into the meeting.
- John Ivison: Investigation into Norman affair is doomed, but Trudeau still likely to take damage
The more people have given Trudeau the benefit of the doubt, the more his behaviour — and that of his government — has convinced them he doesn’t
- Opposition MPs force emergency meeting of defence committee on Mark Norman affair
Three Conservative and one NDP MP are requesting the House of Commons national defence committee be reconvened to examine the government’s conduct i
- Opposition MPs call for emergency committee meeting on Liberal conduct in Norman case
The Crown stayed a breach of trust charge against the former second-in-command of the military last week, but the government is facing tough questions
- ‘It’s part of how this town works’: Mark Norman was charged over a leak, but in Ottawa leaks happen every day
When the Crown stayed a charge of breach of trust against Norman, it ended a remarkable — and to many in Ottawa, puzzling — chapter in Canadian po
- Peter MacKay says RCMP should have questioned Tories on Mark Norman case
Peter MacKay said it was surprising that key members of the Stephen Harper government were not interviewed by the RCMP during its probe of an alleged
- Trudeau’s speculation on Norman case before charges laid ‘not the best framing of words’: Qualtrough
"I think, in hindsight, not the best framing of words," Procurement Minister Carla Qualtrough said of Prime Minister Justin Trudeau weighing in twice
- Vice-Admiral Mark Norman probe was ‘thorough, independent’, RCMP says
Much of the criticism in the Mark Norman case has centred on why the Mounties did not interview members of Stephen Harper's former Conservative govern
- GoFundMe campaign for Vice-Admiral Mark Norman will remain active for now
Defence Minister Harjit Sajjan told reporters on Wednesday that the government would cover Norman’s legal fees, but did not provide an exact amount.
- Kenney says he provided info, offered to testify in Mark Norman case
Kenney revealed he contributed to Norman's legal defence fund and also met with his defence team for about two hours in Toronto last year.
- How evidence from Harper’s Conservative government helped collapse the case against Mark Norman
The RCMP failed to interview a single elected official or political staffer from the Harper-era. So Norman's defence team conducted their own investig
- Before Mark Norman, Ottawa was gripped by a breach-of-trust scandal involving a mysterious set of ‘brass dogs’
The case of John Arnoldi, who oversaw public buildings and river dredging for the government, caused a sensation in the 1890s