Search Results For lok sabha elections 2019
- Amit Shah Breaks Advani's Victory Margin Record in Gandhinagar But Ranks Third in State
Gandhinagar Lok Sabha seat is considered a BJP bastion since 1989 polls. BJP patriarch LK Advani contested from Gandhinagar seat for six times and won
- In His Maiden Lok Sabha Poll, Ravi Shankar Prasad Defeats 'Shotgun'; Wins Patna Sahib Seat
Ravi Shankar Prasad has held various ministerial portfolios, including that of Law and Justice, under Prime Minister Narendra Modi as well as Atal Bih
- BJP's Parvesh Singh Verma Retains West Delhi Seat by a Record Margin of Over 5.7 Lakh Votes
In 2014, he had set a new record of victory margin by winning the seat by a margin of over 2.68 lakh votes, defeating Aam Aadmi Party candidate Jarnai
- Shift in Left Votes, Matuas’ Desire for Citizenship Help BJP Grab Mamata’s Beloved Bangaon
With the shift of the Left Front's votes and rift among Matuas created a favourable situation for the BJP and its candidate Shantanu Thakur.
- No Time to Relax, Says BJD Chief Naveen Patnaik as He Sets Out for Fifth Consecutive Term as Odisha CM
The veteran politician attributed his party's success in the Lok Sabha elections to its excellent welfare and development programmes for the state's r
- Pakistani PM Imran Khan Congratulates Modi, Hopes to 'Work With Him' for Peace in South Asia
Narendra Modi responded to Khan's congratulatory message by "warmly expressing" his gratitude but also reiterated his commitment to "peace and develop
- Babul Supriyo Plays the Right Notes, Notches Up Second Win in Asansol
A commerce graduate, Babul Supriyo became a minister in the Modi government in 2014. He was inducted as the Union Minister of State, Ministry of Urban
- AIADMK Proves it Mettle in Tamil Nadu, Maintains Hold on Govt After Winning 9 Bypoll Seats
Both rebel AIADMK leader TTV Dhinakaran and Kamal Haasan's Makkal Needhi Maiam failed to make a mark in the Lok Sabha elections.
- Priyanka Gandhi Vadra Fails to Make Any Impact in Uttar Pradesh as Congress Manages to Win Just Rae Bareli
Priyanka, 47, who was appointed AICC general secretary in-charge Uttar Pradesh (east) in January, did manage to create a buzz during the Lok Sabha pol
- Modi Responds to Imran Khan's Wishes, Says He Prioritises Peace & Development in South Asia
Pakistani Prime Minister Imran Khan had reached out to his Narendra Modi on Twitter to congratulate him for the historic win in the Lok Sabha election
- Modi Govt Needs to Prioritise Land, Labour Reforms: Analysts
The government should also look at privatisation - a politically sensitive issue - beyond being a source of revenue, Care Ratings said, adding such a
- All But One Left Front Candidates Set to Lose Their Security Deposit in West Bengal
Except for CPI(M)'s Bikash Ranjan Bhattacharya who got 21.04 per cent of the votes polled in Jadavpur, no other Left Front candidate is likely to be a
- Mamata Banerjee: The Left-slayer Who Failed to Stop BJP Roar in her Den
Arguably the most strident critic of Prime Minister Narendra Modi during the 2019 Lok Sabha polls, Banerjee was courted by regional satraps of all hue
- 'Century on Debut', Gambhir Set for Second Innings on Political Turf
Gautam Gambhir hails from a privileged background, father Deepak Gambhir being an established businessman but the filth of Delhi cricket created a str
- Denied Ticket Several Times, RSS Nominee VD Sharma Finally Records Thumping Win from Khajuraho
The former ABVP leader had faced vehement opposition from even where he was finally nominated for the parliamentary election.
- News18 Analysis: Modi Juggernaut And Its Impact On India’s Political Landscape
Narendra Modi’s has secured a historic victory in Lok Sabha elections of 2019.
- How Modi’s Outplayed Opposition in Elections 2019: Decoding BJP’s Campaign Strategy
The re-election of Narendra Modi as Prime Minister of India for the second consecutive term has once again underlined the invincibility of BJP. The Mo
- "Tote Tote" Fame Singer Hans Raj Gets 3rd Time Lucky in Politics; Set to Win North West Delhi
Hans Raj made his political debut with Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD) and contested the Lok Sabha elections from Jalandhar in 2009, but faced defeat.
- Modi 'Tsunami' Helps Four Congress Turncoats Sail Through in Assembly Bypolls in Gujarat
The decision to hold simultaneous by-polls in four Assembly constituencies in Gujarat with the Lok Sabha elections was taken after a number of sitting
- Defeat in All Five Lok Sabha Seats in Uttarakhand Reduces Congress as a Non-entity in the Hilly State
According to reports, Congress was expecting to win at least one seat in the hilly state but the strong undercurrent in favour of Modi swept results f