Search Results For lenin statue
- Sitaram Yechury unveils 12-ft tall Lenin statue in Tirunelveli
Tirunelveli: The CPI(M) national general secretary, Sitaram Yechuri on Tuesday called for ousting the Narendra Modi government at the Centre, accusing
- There was no vandalism... we should have underplayed Tripura statue fall, says Ram...
The Bharatiya Janata Party’s general secretary in charge of the northeastern states, Ram Madhav, has played a key role in the electoral success and
- Statue row: Bengal intellectuals urge Kovind to take 'strongest action' against...
Prominent Bengal intellectuals such as Shirshendu Mukhopadhyay, Nabanita Deb Sen, Goutam Ghosh and others made the plea in a letter to President Ramna
- Lenin statue in capital's Nehru Park a selfie hub now
Delhi is one of the three cities in the country, including Kolkata and Vijayawada, and among the few in the world, where Lenin statues stand tall. The
- Hidden in Plain Sight, Delhi's Own Lenin Statue in Nehru Park
The Soviet leader stands tall on a tiny hillock away from visitors' sight, near one of the exit gates of Nehru Park, unperturbed by the imminent threa
- Bhima-Koregaon violence act of state-sponsored terrorism: Oppn slams Maha govt
Mumbai: The opposition led by the Congress and the NCP came down heavily on the BJP-Shiv Sena government in Maharashtra on Thursday over the Bhima-Kor
- Statues Vandalised: Now, statue of Lord Hanuman desecrated in Uttar Pradesh
The incident comes after a series of statues were vandalised across the country.
- Day Before Biplab Deb's Swearing-in, 3 CPM Workers Hurt in Clashes With BJP Workers in Tripura
CPM on Thursday alleged that their workers were attacked by a group of BJP supporters in the Guwachand Bazaar area of Sabroom, Tripura. One of the inj
- Vandalism in states threaten to plunge the county into a new low
A dangerous series of events have show what could be the roots of more sinister things to come as various groups on the left and right have resorted
- Violent Protests Over Statue Vandalism Rock Jadavpur University Campus, Cops Injured
Some police officials were injured in the violent clashes that followed the protests, after the Left-leaning students of the university outnumbered th
- Mamata condemns attack on Syama Prasad Mookerjee's bust in Kolkata, says statue...
The West Bengal chief minister says those arrested over the incident will be dealt with sternly
- Attacks on statues | After Lenin in Tripura, Periyar in Tamil Nadu, Ambedkar in Meerut, Mahatma Gandhi statue damaged in Kerala's Kannur
These incidents come after two statues of Russian communist revolutionary Vladimir Ilyich Ulyanov or Lenin, were knocked down in Tripura’s Belonia t
- Mahatma Gandhi's statue damaged in Kerala, Ambedkar's bust defaced in TN
Kochi/Chennai: Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s strong condemnation over incidents of vandalism of statues in various parts of the country seems h
- Tripura violence: Centre caught napping, Left govt had sought security anticipating...
The Left government, which was ousted by the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) in the election, had requested the Centre in January to keep paramilitary fo
- Politics of vandalism spreads to Bengal, UP
The politics of vandalism spread further on Wednesday when Bharatiya Jana Sangh (BJS) founder Syama Prasad Mookerjee's bust was sprayed with black ink
- Art is political, too: T M Krishna
KOCHI: Carnatic musician T.M. Krishna has decried the pulling down of statues of communist icon Lenin in Tripura and social reformer Periyar in T
- Statue row: DMs, SPs 'personally responsible' for vandalism, says Home Ministry's advisory
Taking a serious view of the desecration of statues in various parts of the country, the Home Ministry today issued a second advisory, its second in t
- Ambedkar's statue vandalised, reinstalled in Uttar Pradesh's Meerut
Police sources claimed that the district administration had replaced the vandalised statue with a new one within hours.
- Statue politics: Vandals target statutes of Lenin, Periyar, Mookerjee and Ambedkar
New Delhi: The vandalisation of statues of political and ideological figures across the country found its latest victim in Dalit icon Dr BR Ambedkar,