Search Results For kirpan ban
- Supreme Court asked to reconsider Quebec National Assembly kirpan ban
A Sikh man and woman who were barred from entering Quebec’s legislature while wearing kirpans have filed a motion for reconsideration.
- Supreme Court refuses to hear appeal of Quebec National Assembly kirpan ban
Thursday's decision upholds previous decisions from the Quebec Superior Court and Quebec Court of Appeal that found the legislature had the right
- Quebec's Top Court Upholds Kirpan Ban at Canada's Provincial Legislature
In 2011, several Sikhs were denied entry into the Quebec legislature amid a heated debate over multiculturalism and where to draw the line when it com
- Justin Trudeau weighs in on Quebec legislature kirpan ban, Air India bomber posters
Prime Minister Justin Trudeau weighed in from India on Wednesday on a ruling earlier this week upholding a controversial ban on Sikh ceremonial dagger
- As Trudeau visits Golden Temple, Canadian court upholds kirpan ban at Quebec as...
The motion stated that security personnel had the right to refuse entry to anyone who did not want to remove the religious symbol.
- Quebec’s top court upholds kirpan ban at the national assembly
Two members of the World Sikh Organization of Canada were challenging a unanimous motion adopted in the national assembly in 2011.
- Quebec's top court upholds kirpan ban at the national assembly
Two members of the World Sikh Organization of Canada were challenging a unanimous motion adopted in February 2011.
- Quebec’s top court upholds kirpan ban at provincial legislature
Two members of the World Sikh Organization of Canada were challenging the 2011 move to prohibit people from entering the National Assembly of Quebec w
- Kirpan ban by Italian court has shaken Sikhs: SAD
The court said migrants who choose to live in the Western world have an obligation to conform to the values of the society they have chosen to settle