Search Results For kingston news
- Unionized sheet metal workers call for end of concession demands during contract negotiations
Unionized sheet metal workers enter their third day on the picket line.
- Millhaven home damaged by fire, investigators estimate $200K loss
The blaze took two fire crews approximately an hour to contain.
- Transitioning to new Kingston Secondary School involves developing plan for KCVI memorabilia
KCVI students, along with students from Queen Elizabeth Vocational Institute, will be attending the new Kingston Secondary School at some point in the
- Ontario budget has no impact on Kingston 3rd crossing; hospital expansion less clear
Kingston General Hospital officials are waiting to find out if the provincial budget will impact expansion plans.
- Crumbling Fort Frontenac wall forces closure of sidewalk near La Salle Causeway
A recent assessment of the wall, completed by the Department of National Defence (DND), found that it is in need of urgent structural repairs.
- Prescott, Ogdensburg ferry could boost tourism in both communities, mayor says
A ferry on the St. Lawrence River between Prescott and Ogdensburg, New York could increase tourism.
- WrestleMania 35: Underdog Kofi Kingston walks away as WWE SmackDown champion
New Jersey: Kofi Kingston stole the show at WrestleMania 35 defeating Daniel Bryan in an enthralling fight to walk away with his maiden WWE Cham
- Humboldt tragedy inspires Kingston man to get tattoo
Not long after the crash, a Kingston man decided to get a tattoo memorializing the incident.
- Belleville police looking for witnesses after 12-year-old boy reportedly assaulted
Three teenagers, believed to be students at a nearby high school, grabbed the younger boy while he was riding a scooter home from school, according to
- Provincial funding cuts set to impact Kingston employment agencies
KEYS Job Centre could lose more than $1 million in funding that aids employers, a substantial hit for an organization with an overall budget between $
- New Canadian military Cyclone helicopter lands in Kingston
The helicopters were purchased to replace Canada's aging fleet of Sea Kings. One touched down at the Kingston airport Friday.
- Brockville man convicted in so-called ‘sexsomnia’ appealing for a fourth time
Ryan Hartman, 38 was sentenced to one year in jail last week. Within 48 hours he hired a new lawyer - Toronto-based Chris Sewrattan - to launch the ap
- Spay-neuter clinic may be answer to feral cat problem, say Kingston rescues
Kingston rescues say low cost high volume spay, neuter clinic needed to solve feral cat issue.
- Rescues struggle to control feral cat population in Kingston and Frontenac County
Kingston and Frontenac County's feral cat population is in the thousands, and some of them are in heartwrenching conditions, officials say.
- Kingston police search for missing man
Kingston police say the man was last seen heading to an appointment on Tuesday but never showed up.
- Rival developer’s attempt to scuttle midtown apartment complex rejected
A rival developer's appeal of a midtown apartment building was quashed by the Local Planning Appeal Tribunal.
- New web platform helps Kingston’s Loving Spoonful ‘rescue’ more food for charity
The organization works with 25 to 30 donating businesses and distributes the food to 40 member agencies.
- National Air Force Museum in Trenton hosts Space Academy on Family Day
Hundreds of parents and children turned out for Space Academy at National Air Force Museum of Canada.
- Kingston businessman pledges $100,000 to lighthouse rebuild
St. Lawrence River historic lighthouse will be rebuilt after burning down.
- Woman charged after crashing vehicle into Wolfe Island home
A 25-year-old woman has been charged after a vehicle slammed into a Marysville home on Wolfe Island.