Search Results For juvenile justice board
- Hyderabad: Minors in Medipally held for stealing bikes
Hyderabad: Three juveniles who were involved in stealing bikes were apprehended by the Medipally police on Tuesday. Police recovered 12 two-wheelers f
- Father of juvenile accused is pressuring me: Judge
Stating this, Choubey passed a reference order on April 12, a copy of which is with HT. In the order, he wrote some advocates had come to meet him ear
- Suspect in rape case to be tried as adult
On Monday, the JJB held that during the crime, the accused was more than 18 years old and cannot be declared a juvenile in conflict with the law. The
- 6-yr-old's murder case now with crime branch: Gurugram police
Police had said on Thursday that the suspect only confessed to killing the boy in a fit of rage but said nothing about the mutilation of the body.
- Bombay high court rejects plea of teen who did not want to be tried as adult
The petitioner had questioned the competence of the psychiatrists on the medical board, which submitted a report to the JJB. As per the report, the pe
- Ahmedabad: Druggie teen stabs father, beats mother
The man was admitted to a private hospital. The son went over and threatened to kill his parents if they stopped him from doing drugs.
- SC Acquits Six Death Row Convicts, Asks Maharashtra Govt to Give Rs 5 Lakh Each as Compensation
A bench headed by Justice AK Sikri came down heavily on the shoddy investigation and the prosecution in the matter and directed the Chief Secretary of
- Minor Boy Rapes 7-year-old Girl in Jharkhand
The accused, a nine-year-old, had committed the crime on December 12, and the girl's grandparents registered a complaint on Sunday.
- Gurugram School Murder: SC orders status quo on Juvenile Justice Board proceedings
The Supreme Court Monday stayed the proceedings of the Gurugram Juvenile Justice Board (JJB) which was to consider afresh whether a teenager accused o
- Gurugram school murder case: SC stays trial of juvenile accused
A bench led by justice Arun Mishra also issued notice to the accused, on a petition filed by the victim’s father, assailing the Punjab and Haryana H
- Delhi’s Malviya Nagar on the Edge After Death of 8-Year-old Madrassa Boy
Mohammad Azeem died after a scuffle between children from the madrassa and those from the adjacent Balmiki Camp basti on Thursday.
- Trying accused in Gurgaon school boy's murder as adult violation of law: HC
The court has directed the Gurgaon JJB to decide afresh within six weeks after assessing the intelligence, maturity, physical fitness to ascertain whe
- Gurugram school murder: Juvenile Board rejects bail plea of minor accused
The case pertains to the murder of a class-2 boy on September 8, 2017, at the school campus in Gurugram by the 16-year-old student of the same school
- Gurugram school murder: Decide afresh if accused can be tried as adult, says high...
The Punjab and Haryana high court on Thursday asked the Juvenile Justice Board (JJB), Gurugram, to decide afresh whether the teenager accused of the m
- Dehradun shocker: Medical report confirms sexual assault, school may lose license
The victim and her father recorded their statements before the court of Additional District Judge (Civil) Manju Singh, Investigating Officer Naresh Ra
- Maharashtra horror: Two minor girls gangraped in Pune, one dies
Pune: Two minor girls were allegedly raped by a man and a 17-year-old boy in Pune on Sunday and one of them died of injuries inflicted during the assa
- Number of juveniles being tried as adults in Gurugram surges
Twenty-five juveniles were tried as adults in 2017, about 22% of the 114 apprehended by the Gurugram police that year. The number has increased to 3
- Crime & punishment, but why no rehab?
At the only government-run remand home for juvenile delinquents at Madiwala in Bengaluru, from where 13 minors escaped on Tuesday, children are packed
- Juvenile convicts can't get death penalty for every rape, murder: SC judge
Indore: Justice Madan B Lokur, the chairman of the Supreme Court Juvenile Justice Committee, has said that juvenile convicts cannot be handed down cap