Search Results For interest rates canada
- Your debt in 2019: Trends that will affect your finances and how to prepare for them
Interest rates, home prices, financial market volatility and a possible future recession loom large on Canadians' household balances.
- Bank of Canada keeps interest rate at 1.25% but likely to hike later this year
The next hike could come as soon as July, according to CIBC.
- Your debt in 2018: The economic trends that could hit your pocketbook
Interest rate hikes, new mortgage rules and minimum wage increases could all impact Canadians' debt burden.
- As tougher federal mortgage rules loom, will Canadians turn to credit unions?
Credit unions, which are provincially regulated, are exempt from the rules – so far.
- Bank of Canada keeps key interest rate on hold at 1%
The Bank of Canada is putting the brakes on key interest rate hikes, for now.
- Home prices to remain flat across Canada in 2018, says RBC – is this the new normal?
A new report offers a glimpse of what the housing market might look like if interest rates start lifting from historic lows.