Search Results For inflation
- OECD: India’s economy to grow 7.5% by 2020 amid slowing global growth
“Gross domestic product (GDP) growth in India is projected to strengthen to close to 7.25% in FY19 and close to 7.5% in FY20,” the agency said.
- Pakistani central bank hikes interest rate as inflation bites
The 150 basis points increase follows a preliminary agreement last week with the IMF for a $6 billion loan that is expected to come with tough conditi
- FMCG growth, low food inflation to be hit by fall in monsoon: Nestle India
New Delhi: A below-normal monsoon this year may impact the Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) industry as it would hit rural growth and demand besides
- Rajnath claims inflation not issue in 2019, Modi handled economy well
Mandi: Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh on Thursday said that inflation is not an issue in the ongoing elections as it has been well controlled by Pr
- Canada’s inflation up 2% in April, as carbon tax helps push gas prices higher
Inflation is in line with the Bank of Canada's target, which lowers the chance of another interest rate move in the near term, economists said.
- WPI inflation dips to 3.07% in April; food prices on the rise
The Wholesale Price Index-based inflation was at 3.18% in March and 2.93% in February. It was 3.62% in April 2018.
- WPI inflation slips to 3.07 per cent in April, food prices still high
New Delhi: Wholesale price-based inflation slipped to 3.07 per cent in April on cheaper fuel and manufactured items, even as prices of food articles r
- WPI inflation slips to 3.07% in April on cheaper manufacturing products
The Wholesale Price Index (WPI)-based inflation was at 3.18 per cent in March. It was 3.62 per cent in April 2018.
- DNA Money Edit: CPI inflation up, rate cut hopes still linger
Higher food inflation stems from the rise in crude prices; Brent was at a five-month high at $75 per barrel, causing higher fuel and light inflation
- Inflation inches up to 2.92 per cent
New Delhi: With a rise in food and vegetable prices, consumer inflation rose to 2.92 per cent in April as against 2.86 per cent in March, even though
- Retail inflation hits 6-month high: Here’s what analysts have to say
The rate of price rise in April was the highest since October when the rate was 3.38%.
- Retail inflation rises 2.92% in April to hit a 6-month high
The inflation rate has fallen sharply from a peak of more than 12% in November 2013
- WPI inflation slips to 3.07% in April, food prices still high
Inflation in food articles hardened with steep rise in prices of vegetables during April. WPI based inflation was at 3.62 per cent in April 2018 and 3
- Retail inflation may rise to 4% in FY20: Report
It added that the surge in the overall inflation is largely due to statistical reasons, because of a low-base effect.
- Retail inflation picks up to 2.92% in April
Analysts polled by Reuters had forecast April’s annual increase in the consumer price index at 2.97%.
- India's April retail inflation touches six-months high at 2.92% due to spike in food prices
Retail inflation inched up to a six-month high of 2.92 per cent in April due to a spike in food prices, inclu
- Retail inflation rises to six-months high
The rate of price rise in April is the highest since October 2018 when the rate was 3.38 per cent.Inflation in the food basket was 1.1 per cent in Apr
- Retail inflation inches up to 2.92% in April
Consumer price-based or retail inflation moved marginally up to 2.92% in April from 2.86% in March due to a spike in food prices. This is the ninth st
- Cyclone Fani survivors block road in Odisha to protest lack of electricity
More than a week after cyclone Fani battered the Odisha coast lakhs of survivors continue to live in squalid conditions without power supply and food.
- India inflation likely crept up to six-month high in April
Bengaluru: India inflation likely crept up slightly to a six-month high in April, driven mainly by food prices, a Reuters poll found, although holding