Search Results For indian economy
- India projected to grow at 7.1% in FY'20: UN report
The World Economic Situation and Prospects (WESP) 2019 Mid-year Update said that the Indian economy expanded by 7.2 per cent in 2018.
- 59% Indian millennials optimistic about economic outlook: Deloitte study
Millennials included in the study were born between January 1983 and December 1994 and the Gen Z respondents were born between January 1995 and Decemb
- Climate change and Monsoon
The monsoon is the most important season in India and maximum amount of rainfall is spread across the months of June, July, August and September. In f
- Decrease in Indian women labour force
India’s rapid economic growth has been accompanied by falling fertility rates and higher educational attainment among women. These advances ofte
- Indian economy has a great runway but not enough escape velocity for a takeoff: Vetri Subramaniam, UTI AMC
The incoming government will have to focus on financial savings and investments, says Subramanian.
- Retail inflation rises 2.92% in April to hit a 6-month high
The inflation rate has fallen sharply from a peak of more than 12% in November 2013
- Modi could have become India's Shinzo Abe, but he failed
Families cutting back on biscuits and toothpaste? This isn’t how Modi’s five years were supposed to end.
- View: India hoped for a Shinzo Abe. It got a lost decade instead
From carmakers to toothpaste sellers, Indian firms have had a lousy start to 2019.
- Positive sentiment continues for manufacturing sector in Q4, capacity utilisation up at 80%: FICCI survey
Responses were drawn from over 300 manufacturing units from both large and SME segments with a combined annual turnover of over Rs 3.56 lakh crore.
- Controversy over GDP data explained
In June 2015, MOSPI (ministry of statistics and programme implementation) unveiled the new series of national accounts with the 2011-12 base year and
- Analyzing Narendra Modi's performance on the Indian economy
When Narendra Modi became India’s prime minister in spring 2014 the Indian economy was in the doldrums. There was a clear policy paralysis in In
- Indian economy faces structural slowdown, says Modi adviser
New Delhi: A member of Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s Economic Advisory Council (PMEAC), Rathin Roy, has said that the Indian economy was headin
- Could the single engine driving India crash? Yes, if you go by one of Modi's top guys
India could soon get ensnared in the middle-income trap, eventually becoming like Brazil, Rathin Roy warns.
- Report casts fresh doubt on India's growth figures
Data compiled by National Sample Survey Office (NSSO) found that there were significant gaps in how the growth figures of Asia's third-largest economy
- No impact of NSSO survey on GDP numbers: Government
The government categorically said that there was no impact of the finding of the National Sample Survey Office report on the GDP numbers as it mounted
- Want economic slowdown to end? Go shop
Experts cite three key factors why Indians, who had not been spending on house, cars and air travel for a while, are now pinching pennies even in thei
- Modi govt has run economy, security into the ground: Yechury
New Delhi: CPI(M) general secretary Sitaram Yechury on Tuesday attacked the BJP government, alleging that the country's economy and security have
- Mastercard commits Rs 7,000 crore investment in India in next 5 years
The company has already invested USD 1 billion in the Indian market in the last five years.