Search Results For indian banking
- SBI misses fourth-quarter profit estimate, provisions up quarter-on-quarter
The Indian banking sector has been plagued by record levels of bad loans for years, and state-run lenders including SBI account for the biggest share
- PNB scam exposes gaps in Indian banking sector
Mumbai: The arrest of fugitive diamond merchant Nirav Modi on fraud and money laundering charges amounting to USD 2 billion, represents a turning poin
- What happens when the old guard of Indian banking leaves
The MD/CEO positions of several private banks will come up for renewal over the next few years.
- Ex-Deutsche Bank veteran takes on 'bad boy' of Indian banking
The change of guard at Yes Bank brings the curtain down on one of the more colorful chapters in Indian finance.
- Ensuring intermediation by banks in clean manner a challenge: Rajiv Kumar
Making credit rating agencies more accountable is also another challenge, Financial Services Secretary Rajiv Kumar asserted.
- Water shortage may set off next bad loan wave
Mumbai: With India continuing to face severe pressure on its water resources, a new report released by World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) report outline
- SBI raises $1.25 billion from overseas market
Issue saw strong interest from investors across geographies with a final order book in excess of $3.2 billion across more than 122 accounts
- Stressed power assets strangulated in recovery
Hyderabad: Experts have considered the roll-out of the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (IBC) to be a watershed event in the Indian banking sector as it
- Indian banking and economic system is safe, secure and sound: Aditya Puri, HDFC Bank
We are almost out of the woods. We don’t have a liquidity crisis at this point, says Puri
- With system-wide NPAs worse than Pakistan & Botswana, the Indian banking sector is in a mess
Finance professionals use the term "ALM" for this kind a problem resulting from the divergence between the tenure of a lender's borrowings and the mat
- Chanda Kochhar, Shikha Sharma and Rana Kapoor: Indian banking sector's high profile exits
The year has been quite tough for the private sector banking industry which is seeing exit of three high-profile bankers, Chanda Kochhar, Shikha Sharm
- India's shadow banking scare could derail its growth
Construction of the Z-Morh tunnel came to a halt two months ago after Infrastructure Leasing & Financial Services (IL&FS), one of India's top infrastr
- ‘SBI not the right candidate to take over more banks’
State Bank of India (SBI) is the largest bank with a market share of 23% and more consolidation will lead to monopoly in the Indian banking sector, sa
- Irrational exuberance before 2008 responsible for NPAs
In the five year period of 2006-2011, credit growth was in excess of 20% on a year on year, data collated by the Reserve Bank of India shows
- Lenders sitting in the LAP of disaster?
Loans to MSMEs, usually given to small entrepreneurs, have risen in the last four years as both banks and NBFCs have rushed to fund this sector
- View: Games Indian banks play deep into injury time
In reality, the first year of implementation on 12 big-ticket errant borrowers saw only two resolutions.
- Opinion | The long road to an Indian banking union
Creating a pan-Indian banking system from the jigsaw of pre-independence banks was a complicated process
- In Indian banking, what goes up does not come down
When loan rates go up, they usually don’t come down, but deposit rates remain sticky
- Future perfect, present tense for Indian banking
Panellists at the Mint South India Banking Conclave discuss causes that led to the pile-up of bad loans and steps needed to strengthen the system
- ‘The biggest challenge being an SFB is listing out what the challenges are’
At the Mint’s South India Banking Conclave, India’s top small finance banks got together to discuss the key challenges they face during the transf