Search Results For india gdp
- Export-oriented policies needed for Reform 2.0: Principal Economic Advisor Sanjeev Sanyal
Sanyal also pointed that trade war should be used as an opportunity to boost India’s competitiveness.
- India projected to grow at 7.1% in FY'20: UN report
The World Economic Situation and Prospects (WESP) 2019 Mid-year Update said that the Indian economy expanded by 7.2 per cent in 2018.
- Could the single engine driving India crash? Yes, if you go by one of Modi's top guys
India could soon get ensnared in the middle-income trap, eventually becoming like Brazil, Rathin Roy warns.
- NSSO bomb shatters the calm on GDP front, new series data now under darker cloud
As per NSSO's explosive revelation, key data used to compute GDP under the new method were dodgy.
- View: Next govt must have single-minded focus, revive private investment
Policy urgently needs to reduce the “effective” cost of labour by chipping away at labour laws, lengthening “job contracts”.
- Slackening consumer demand reins in animal spirits in India
Data backs govt's forecast for growth to ease to just over 6% — the slowest pace in nearly two years — in March quarter.
- View: India’s growth numbers are not reflected by other indicators
The growth that is happening is concentrated at the top, while the bulk of society are barely inching forward.
- India’s real economic dynamo: A silent force that brings in 2% of GDP
India’s GDP growth has been better than in the decade before.
- India to be fastest-growing economy this year despite risks of global slowdown: RBI Governor
"Real GDP growth is expected to clock 7.2 per cent during 2019-20, the fastest among large economies of the world," Das said.
- Need to fix GDP data issues, says Gita Gopinath
International Monetary Fund (IMF) chief economist Gita Gopinath has said that the Union government might need to fix “some issues” linked to the r
- India is Heartless if it Can’t Give Less Than 1% of GDP to 20% Poor, Chidambaram Says on NYAY Promise
Chidambaram said that the PM-Kisan scheme was a bribe for votes, and his friend - a CA who has not gone to his farm in several years - had also receiv
- Investment boost: World Bank says India GDP to grow 7.5 per cent this year
Washington: India's GDP growth is expected to accelerate moderately to 7.5 per cent in Fiscal Year 19-20, driven by continued investment strengthe
- India's GDP expected to expand 7.5% in 2019-20: World Bank
Data for the first three quarters suggest that growth has been broad-based. Industrial growth accelerated to 7.9 per cent, making up for a deceleratio
- India needs to sustain high level of growth in economy: Indian envoy
"India represents the dreams of more than a billion people and in the last five years it has emerged from being 11th largest world economy to the sixt
- India to be third largest economy by 2030: Jaitley
Currently, the size of the Indian economy is about USD 2.9 trillion, he said while addressing students of the Shri Ram College of Commerce here.
- India's April-February fiscal deficit at 134% of FY target
April-February fiscal deficit touched Rs 8,51,000 crore, or 134.2 percent of the budgeted target for the current fiscal year, government data showed o
- Fitch cuts India GDP growth forecast for FY20 to 6.8 pc
New Delhi: Fitch Ratings on Friday cut India's economic growth forecast for the next financial year starting April 1, to 6.8 per cent from its pre
- Fitch cuts India's growth forecast to 6.8% from 7% for next fiscal on weak mome...
The 6.9 per cent estimate is a notch lower than 7 per cent growth estimated by the Central Statiscs Office (CSO) for the current fiscal.
- Economists allege political interference in statistical data
A group of economists have appealed to raise voice against the tendency “to suppress uncomfortable data”.
- View: India's economy just fell in with a bad crowd
The downdraft will likely last through midyear. At that point, lower interest rates will start to kick in and the expansion can pick up a bit.