Search Results For human rights
- Canadian domestic abuse survivor turned human rights activist shares her story
Samra Zafar stood in front of a packed banquet hall in Mississauga Friday morning and told the roughly 150 audience members that domestic abuse is not
- Complainant’s side concludes testimony in Human Rights complaint against HRM Fire
Lawyer for the Halifax Regional Municipality Karen MacDonald completed her cross-examination of the key witness Friday morning.
- 23 inmates killed in Venezuelan jail riot: Rights group
Venezuelan authorities have not commented on the incident.
- Bhondsi school murder: Conductor refuses Rs1L compensation
Ashok Kumar was arrested by on September 8, 2017, but was later acquitted by a special court on February 28, 2018.
- Disabled, anglophone black man’s rights violated by Montreal police: Quebec human rights commission
Pradel Content, an English-speaking black man who walks with a cane, says he was roughly detained near the Atwater Metro station by two Montreal polic
- Former Halifax firefighter concludes testimony at human rights inquiry
Kathleen Symington has alleged that the fire service discriminated against her based on her gender and disability.
- Human rights board hears discrimination complaint from former Halifax firefighter
The board heard from Kathleen Symington on Wednesday about events leading up to the complaint she filed in April 2016.
- Is access to vegan food a human rights issue? Experts weigh in
An Ontario firefighter says his rights were violated after his employer refused to provide sufficient vegan food while he was battling forest fires in
- TSPSC interview on hold for 2 years
Hyderabad: The Telangana State Public Service Commission (TSPSC) has released around 101 notifications starting from 2015 for around 36,000 posts.Some
- Ontario firefighter says his human rights were violated because he wasn’t given vegan food during B.C. wildfires
Adam Knauff has filed a complaint with the Human Rights Tribunal of Ontario against his employer, the Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry
- Rights panel says man died in police custody
Warangal: A fact-finding team comprising six members from the National Confederation of Human Rights Organisations (NCHRO) and two from the State Huma
- Julian Assange sparks fury after UN human rights inspectors visit him in prison
WIKILEAKS convict Julian Assange sparked fury after being visited in jail by UN human rights inspectors. A source claimed they were allowed to see Ass
- Nova Scotia disability, accessible housing advocate passes away at age 47
Joanne Larade was pushing to have dedicated housing for people with physical disabilities provided by the government.
- US imposes sanctions over Russia rights abuses despite revived ties
The United States on Thursday imposed sanctions on five Russians over abuses including the killing of a prominent opposition leader, days after top-l
- Khashoggi fiancée criticizes Trump response to killing of Saudi journalist
Hatice Cengiz’s remarks are her strongest statement to date on the Trump administration’s muted reaction to a killing that was widely condemned as
- Time to sanction rights-abusing Chinese officials under Canada’s Magnitsky Act, experts say
Not a single Chinese official has been listed under the legislation since it was implemented 18 months ago
- Nova Scotia human rights board awards nearly $600,000 for racist discrimination
The mechanic filed the complaint with the rights commission over 12 years ago, in July 2006, saying the worker suffered from trauma due to the hostile
- Trump praises Hungary’s Viktor Orban, brushing aside criticism
U.S. government officials and human rights groups have long criticized Orban’s policies and statements, but Trump disregarded concerns in inviting h