Search Results For heart health
- 5 Ways to Lower Risk of Cardiovascular Disease
Women who have opted to breastfed at some point in their lives are less likely to develop heart complications.
- Soy protein can reduce bad cholesterol
Washington: As the food authority is planning to remove soy from list of heart-healthy food, researchers through a study evaluated and determined soy
- Reduce high blood pressure with walnuts
Washington: Here's another reason to add walnuts to your diet. According to a recent study, when combined with meals low in saturated fats, eating
- Every 3rd 40-plus Indian suffers from lack of sex drive
Every third person above 40 years in India suffers from lack of libido due to testosterone deficiency syndrome (TDS), finds a study.
- Hookah adversely affects heart health
Washington: Smoking tobacco through Hookah results in inhaling more toxic chemicals than a cigarette.The study published in the American Heart Associa
- Good Breakfast, Less TV Exposure May Boost Your Heart Health
The study showed that people who watched more than 21 hours of TV per week were 68 per cent more likely to have high blood pressure and 50 per cent mo
- Good breakfast, less TV exposure and exercise may boost your heart health
These findings suggest a clear message to hit the 'off' button on your TV and abandon your sofa.
- Eating nuts linked to improved heart health for those with diabetes
New United States research has found that eating nuts may help to reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease for those with type 2 diabetes. Car
- Sufficient sleep cuts cardiovascular disease risk
Getting enough sleep can help protect against cardiovascular disease by preventing the buildup of plaques in the arteries, a study has found.
- Diet drinks may be linked with strokes among post-menopausal women
The study is one of the first to look at the association between drinking artificially sweetened beverage and the risk of specific types of stroke in
- An egg a day might reduce risk of heart disease
Earlier doctors would warn patients against eating too many eggs, believing that despite containing high-quality protein and other positive nutritiona
- Just thinking about your other half can ‘help regulate blood pressure and cut stress’
STRESSED folk can keep blood pressure under control by thinking of their lover, a study says. Psychologists say it works as effectively as having your
- Short bouts of stair climbing can boost heart health
In addition to being more fit, the stair climbers were also stronger compared to their sedentary counterparts at the end of the study and generated mo
- Here Comes 'Stair Snacking' to Improve Heart Health
Researchers have shown that a few minutes of stair climbing called the 'stair snacking' approach, at short intervals between work, can improve cardiov
- Here comes 'stair snacking' to improve heart health
Researchers have shown that a few minutes of stair climbing called the ‘stair snacking’ approach, at short intervals between work, can improve car
- 'Plant-based diet boosts athletes' performance'
Washington: A recent study suggests plant-based diets benefit athletes' heart health, performance and recovery.The findings have been published in
- Stop party- dressing your food: Good looking food may be bad for your heart
It is that time of the year, where celebrations and joie de vivre abound. There is plenty of food, alcohol and merriment all around. Interestingly, in
- Here are four ways Christmas is good for you
While we may all crib about having to spend so much money during the holidays or invariably ending up eating too much of unhealthy food, not to mentio
- Adding raw spinach to smoothie is healthiest way to eat the vegetable, says study
According to a new study, adding chopped raw spinach in a smoothie is the is the healthiest way to eat the leafy vegetable.Researchers say that cookin