Search Results For health department
- Govt hospitals, clinics to report thalassemia cases
Thalassemia is a genetic blood disorder that results in the production of abnormal red blood cells and causes anaemia.
- Nellore: Centre ignores state's plea on water funds
Nellore: Officials of the public health department are in a fix over transporting drinking water to water-starved civic bodies in Prakasam, Nell
- Verify registers on birth of babies, says Health department
Chennai: Following the busting of baby trafficking network in Namakkal district the state health department has issued a circular to government and pr
- ‘Menstrual’ cocktail served with tampon draws flak, gets banned by health department
A bar recently stirred controversy when it released a menstrual-themed cocktail that supposedly aimed to raise awareness for women's health. A few
- Kochi cautioned against dengue
KOCHI: The health department has issued an alert against an outbreak of infectious diseases such dengue fever as summer showers intensified.Residents
- Health department to step up measures to fight measles in Gurugram
Measles is an acute viral respiratory illness that can be prevented by the MMR (measles-mumps-rubella) vaccine, the first dose of which should be admi
- Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation to provide 2,400 lab tests in dispensaries from May 1
"Aapli Chikitsa" is an initiative of the BMC to follow the "Mohalla Clinic" model introduced by the Delhi government.
- On track for malaria-free Ahmedabad by 2022: AMC
World Malaria Day: In 2017, 9K cases were reported, which fell to 5156 in 2018
- BMC to investigate measles outbreak
The cases have been reported from seven wards across the city where coverage for MR vaccine was below 85 per cent.
- Since March, 98 heatstroke cases claim two lives in Maharashtra
While there has been hardly any cases of heatstroke in Mumbai, the number of cases in the state is increasing. Since March till April 17, the state
- First confirmed case of malaria jolts health department into taking action
Last year, cases of malaria decreased as compared to the previous years. According to health department data, hospitals in the district received 30 ca
- BMC chief asks assistant commissioners to monitor water plaints
The BMC has already imposed 10 per cent water cut in city after lakes, that supply water, depleted due to scanty rainfall last year.
- Kozhikode: Steps to ensure quality of water
Kozhikode: The health department will take steps to ensure supply of good quality potable water even as district reels under acute shortage of drinkin
- Health department enhances number of doctors eligible to study PG under trainee reserve category
The state health department has decided to allow 477 government doctors who had qualified NEET-PG to go for post graduation course under the trainee r
- Maharashtra government records 94 swine flu deaths till Wednesday
The number of cases treated too has increased to 1,236 patients, who are being treated across the state.
- Number of PG medical seats in Tamil Nadu likely to cross 2000
Seats increase as Medical Council of India increases associate professor-student ratio.
- Kozhikode: Sunburn cases touch 159
Kozhikode: The sunburn cases in the district has reached 159 with 13 reported in various hospitals in the district on Friday. On Thursday, there were
- Drive to help people with mental illnesses to start next week
Under the campaign, titled ‘Kadam Milakar Chalna Hoga’, a team of around 15 panel lawyers and paralegal volunteers will be sensitising people at t
- Tamil Nadu health department issues dos & dont’s for blood banks
The directions were circulated to 89 blood banks under the direction of Tamil Nadu AIDS Control Society.
- Nizamabad: Diarrhoea victims condition stable
Nizamabad: The condition of the diarrhoea victims is reported to be stable in Komalancha, Mugdumpur and Galipur villages in Nizamsagar mandal of Kamar