Search Results For greyhound
- School hires a ‘therapy dog’ to help snowflake teachers unwind from the stresses of exam season
A SCHOOL hired a therapy dog to help with exam stress — for snowflake teachers. Staff were invited to unwind with Pets As Therapy greyhound Betty be
- Former Greyhound employees gather in Penticton for farewell weekend
"Greyhound can take our jobs away, but they can't take our friendships," said former employee and event organizer Ann Meachem.
- Amber Alert issued for 3-year-old boy last seen travelling to Toronto from Sudbury
Amber Alert issued by police Tuesday morning for a three-year-old boy who was last seen on a bus travelling to Toronto from Sudbury.
- Greyhound replacements find tough road to prosperity in Western Canada
Six months after Greyhound Canada shut down most of its service in Western Canada and northern Ontario, the companies that stepped in to take its plac
- B.C. strikes deal with Ottawa to keep funding BC Bus North on routes that Greyhound abandoned
The deal ensures that BC Bus North will keep operating on an interim basis until September as the details are worked out.
- Greyhound won’t let US drop migrants in depots
Greyhound Lines will no longer allow authorities to drop off families inside bus stations, forcing those released from custody to wait outside until t
- New Saskatchewan bus service making travel easier for people with disabilities
Affordable Rides provides service to and from Regina, Saskatoon and Prince Albert, and operates seven days a week.
- Brit woman saves 350 Spanish hunting dogs a year from being tortured to death
THEY call it “playing the piano” – a special form of torture Spanish hunters reserve for their under-performing dogs. With back paws just touchi
- Cruel hunters leave up to 50,000 greyhounds to die thrown down WELLS or tied to train tracks as Spanish hunting season ends
THOUSANDS of greyhounds face being left to die agonising deaths abandoned down wells or tied to railway tracks as Spain’s hunting season ends. Cruel
- Tom Hanks WWII project ‘Greyhound’ repositions for 2020 arrival
War drama "Greyhound" has taken a big step back from its planned March 2019 release and is now expected May 2020. Tom Hanks' maritime biopic "G
- New 'Ghostbusters' installment gets release date
Upcoming Ghostbusters film, directed by Jason Reitman, will hit the screens on July 10 next year.
- Mahindra launches eight-seater Marazzo variant
The new variant comes with various features like a seven-inch touch screen infotainment system, reverse parking camera with dynamic guidelines and 17-
- Canada Post backlog, Greyhound exit creating headaches ahead of the holidays
Protests at Canada Post facilities and the prospect of nasty winter weather mean there’s no telling when it will be back to business as usual.
- Texas man sues Greyhound, says he was kicked off bus because his name is Mohammad
Mohammad Reza Sardari says he was kicked off the Greyhound bus because of his name and Middle-Eastern accent.
- Passenger stops Utah Greyhound bus after driver passes out
The Utah Highway Patrol says the passenger took over Friday morning as the driver suffered a medical problem and began to lose consciousness..
- Florida votes to end greyhound racing; fate uncertain for more than 6,000 dogs
The constitutional amendment approved Tuesday to ban dog racing means some 6,000 greyhounds will need new homes.
- Sask. confident private buses will fill Greyhound gap despite accessibility complaints
Wednesday was the final day Greyhound busses ran west of Sudbury, ON, leaving rural residents across the province, and western Canada in limbo.
- Last Greyhound to roll through Penticton today; lack of replacement strands passengers in South Okanagan, Similkameen
Historians will be gathering at the Penticton Greyhound terminal to mark the last departure from the station.
- Federal government says help on the way for remote, Indigenous communities amid Greyhound shutdown
Federal Transport Minister Marc Garneau announced that the Trudeau government is open to helping affected provinces pay for bus service in communities
- Feds say help will come for remote, Indigenous communities without Greyhound bus service
Greyhound announced in July that it would end service on all but one of its routes in western Canada, and in northern Ontario, effective Oct. 31.