Search Results For genes
- Your Genes Decide Whether You Will Own a Dog or Not
These findings are important as they suggest that the supposed health benefits of owning a dog reported in some studies may be partly explained by dif
- Kidney transplants often fail; here's why
Washington: Genetic incompatibility may be the reason why many kidney transplants fail, even when donors and recipients are thought to be well-matched
- Your genes decide whether you will own a dog or not
Although dogs and other pets are common household members across the globe, little is known how they impact our daily life and health.
- Is depression accompanied by moody gut?
Washington: People who suffer from depression are also likely to face gastrointestinal distress as a study has pointed out that for some; both the con
- Creating human embryos out of human skin cells
Washington: Researchers have found a way to turn skin cells into embryonic stem cells, which could lead to the creation of a complete embryo from skin
- Reason why people like beer and coffee
Washington: Researchers searched for variations in our taste genes that could explain our beverage preferences. Surprisingly, the study showed that th
- What determines the birth weight of a baby?
Washington: Recent findings have discovered links between genetic code and birth weight of human beings which explain how mothers' and babies'
- 200 Dungeness crabs illegally dumped in Northern B.C. in 2nd incident this month
DFO officials found 200 Dungeness crab carcasses dumped off the side of the highway near Hazelton last week.
- Green ministry notice to Delhi's Okhla waste plant
The Union ministry of environment forest and climate change has issued a show-cause notice to the Okhla waste-to-energy plant for violation of the env
- Travel: Sifting through Orhan Pamuk's Istanbul
A walk down the lesser-known back lanes unfolds the city that finds favour in the writings of the bestselling author.
- Genes linked to excessive alcohol consumption identified by scientists
A huge study performed by scientists at the University of Pennsylvania and Yale School of Medicine in the United States has identified the gen
- It's in the genes: Obesity linked to male infertility
Findings revealed that obese rats with genetic links to the disease were unable to mate with female rats. “These rats had a loss of sexual potency o
- Are our genes the only factor affecting our child’s potential adult height?
Parents always want the best for their children and ensuring their growth and development is no exception. For this reason, parents like to know if th
- Sega Genesis Mini to Launch in September, Include 40 Games
Sega Genesis Mini is the name of the gaming console in the US, whereas in Australia, Europe, and Japan, it will be called Sega Mega Drive Mini.
- Over 400 genes linked to schizophrenia discovered
While affecting less than two per cent of the global population, schizophrenia is one of the leading causes of disability worldwide.
- Researchers Identify 9 Genes Behind Eyebrow Colours
Eyebrows have a strong correlation with hair colour, but scientists believe in the existence of overlapping and unique genetic components for both tra
- GATE 2019 topper Shashank Mangal says love for electronics is in his genes
GATE 2019 topper Shashank is a final year student of BTech (electronics engineering) of IIT Dhanbad and he wanted to join IES to make engineering mo
- Messi is just unstoppable: Barcelona, Lyon managers praise Leo
Barcelona captain Lionel Messi was showered with praise by his coach Ernesto Valverde and losing manager Bruno Genesio after a headline performance in