Search Results For gender gap
- First black female director to compete for the Palme d'Or
Cannes: Mati Diop was initially disappointed when she, by reading a news article, discovered that she was the first black female filmmaker in the Cann
- Decrease in Indian women labour force
India’s rapid economic growth has been accompanied by falling fertility rates and higher educational attainment among women. These advances ofte
- Canadian girls typically earn less than boys for summer jobs, survey suggests
Girls aged 12 to 18 reported earning about $3 an hour less than boys, according to an Ipsos survey.
- Earning badges through robotics, Girl Guides learning about careers in STEM
Local Girl Guides were challenged at the University of Saskatchewan to coding and building robots to simulate how to think outside the box, earning th
- Fight for equality by US women footballers
Washington: The USA women football team's gender discrimination lawsuit against the United States Soccer Federation (USSF) will have ramifications
- Sask. government creates new advisory committee supporting women entrepreneurs
Government of Saskatchewan is supporting women entrepreneurs through the creation of a new advisory committee.
- E-commerce platform Fynd counters gender gap, pays women 10% more
The idea was born when the 130-employee startup saw that while it had an overall 40% representation of women, it was only 4-6% in the engineering team
- Edtech platform GUVI raises 1 crore from Gray Matters Capital
The funding is aimed at helping GUVI create 1 million coders in India by 2020 through expansion of the company’s video content offerings in vernacul
- Ratio of female managers don't mean higher pay for women
Women’s access to management has been the subject of many studies which have led to insights on how gender inequality in access to power is establis
- New transparency rules should help tighten gender gap in wages
The provisions of Ontario’s new Pay Transparency Act were supposed to come into force in January, but were delayed while the Ministry of Labour held
- Kriti Sanon upset over Kartik Aaryan getting all the credit for Luka Chuppi, says...
Demanding equal credit for Luka Chuppi, Kriti Sanon has said the trend of focusing on the male lead is an old one and she is glad at least a conversat
- International Women’s Day: Philippines hailed for narrowed gender gap, but . . .
As the world marked International Women's Day on Friday, a United Nations official commended the Philippines for narrowing the gap between women a
- Kingston ranked as best place in Canada to be a woman: report
Kingston has the most educated female workforce in Canada, and great economic opportunities for women in the city, according to a new report.
- Indian Women 28 Percent Less Likely Than Men to Own a Mobile Phone: GSMA
According to the GSMA's "2019 Mobile Gender Gap Report", just 42 percent of women in India are aware of the Internet, and that it can be used on a mob
- Gender gap shows a ‘double-pane’ glass ceiling for salary for female CEOs
For executives, women earn about 68 cents for every dollar made by their male counterparts -- compared to the national average of 87 cents.
- India ranks 108th in WEF gender gap index 2018, Iceland tops the list
India has been ranked 108th in World Economic Forum (WEF) gender gap index, same as 2017, while recording improvement in wage equality for similar wor