Search Results For federal budget 2018
- Ottawa ran surplus of $92 million during first 7 months of 2018, Department of Finance says
The increase came due to rises in tax revenue, employment-insurance premiums and other revenues.
- Critics slam Trudeau Liberals’ bill to ease corporate crime penalties
“It shows the power of the big business lobby over the federal Liberals."
- Justin Trudeau to meet with Bill Nye to discuss Canadian innovation
Prime Minister Justin Trudeau is participating in an armchair discussion with American television host Bill Nye "The Science Guy" on Tuesday.
- Shared Parental Leave benefit to give families five more weeks of paid leave
Peterborough-Kawartha MP Maryam Monsef delivers details around the Liberal governments plans to introduce a Sharing Parental Leave program. It will al
- Liberals allocate $13 million to programs helping low-income get access to filing taxes
'We realized very quickly that ... there were a lot more people in the community who also needed access to getting their taxes done'
- Child care all but forgotten in Ottawa’s gender budget
Federal budget’s use-it-or-lose-it parental leave for dads and second parents does not make up for lack of child care, advocates say.
- Federal budget shows billions in infrastructure won’t be spent until at least 2021
New figures in this week's federal budget suggest billions of dollars from the Liberal government's vaunted infrastructure program now won't be spent
- Bill Morneau’s comments on pharmacare prompt calls for his removal
The heads of three organizations allege Morneau presupposed the outcome of the study on national pharmacare by saying he supports an eventual strategy
- The government wants to share more of your tax information
Here's what you need to know about changes being proposed in this week's federal budget.
- Trudeau government promising $42M to assist thousands of disabled veterans
The union representing Veterans Affairs workers says the money will help fix some of the problems, but that much more is needed to both undo years of
- Save Our Prison Farms reacts to federal budget funding promise
The 2010 closure of the country’s prison farms by the Stephen Harper's government was highly controversial.
- PSAC union members rally in Moncton over Phoenix pay system
Public Service Alliance of Canada members in Halifax and Moncton rallied to share their frustration over the troubled Phoenix pay system.
- President of Treasury Board makes pitch for Federal Budget 2018 at Halifax town hall
Scott Brison focused on the government's message of equality for all which was laid out in the 2018 budget at his town hall at Saint Mary's University
- COMMENTARY: Federal Budget 2018 — all the nice stuff borrowed money can eventually buy
Matt Gurney says Federal Budget 2018 is the latest example of a government unnecessarily digging itself deeper in debt to buy votes with our own money
- Big bank economists flag federal budget’s happy-go-lucky stance on deficit
The budget contains little in terms of contingency measures vis-a-vis NAFTA, the Trump tax cuts or a future recession.
- Taxpayers to shell out $605M for G7 meeting
Canada will host the G7 summit in June with the total cost to Canadian taxpayers being set at $605 million.
- Government to phase out $1,000 bill and several older banknotes as legal tender
Some of the bills affected date back to the 1930s, and they're still out there and considered legal tender.
- John Ivison: In their third federal budget, Trudeau’s Liberals show their cunning
The Liberals will be able to enter an election year boasting the economy is strong and growing while the public finances are under control
- Liberals promise $5.5M to fund sex assault crisis centres at universities
And they might pull federal funding if university policies don't measure up.
- Budget 2018: $4.7 billion over 5 years set aside to support Indigenous children and families
The federal government is putting billions of dollars behind its bid for reconciliation with Canada's Indigenous Peoples as a whole, but also addressi