Search Results For federal budget
- NAC’s Indigenous Theatre program faces ‘diminished’ inaugural season after federal funding denied
"Without ongoing financial support, we will not have the capacity to achieve our vision and full impact," Kevin Loring, the first-ever artistic direct
- NDP says they’ll boost pharmacare, childcare programs with higher capital gains tax
Federal New Democrats say they would hike the tax on investment profits to pay for pharmacare as well as more affordable childcare and housing.
- Trudeau meets with seniors in N.S., N.B. to highlight budget provisions
Trudeau also plans to make a stop later in the day in St. Stephen, N.B., where he will again meet with seniors and outline highlights in the fiscal pl
- Mistakes in federal budget quietly corrected online, Finance Department blames ‘typing errors’
Conservative MP Kelly McCauley said he discovered the 'serious errors' while doing a deep dive into the budget. A Finance spokesman denied that is how
- Liberal MP fields SNC-Lavalin scandal questions during federal budget tour stop in Okanagan
MP Carla Qualtrough says Liberals are "rallying behind Trudeau because they believe him."
- Morneau pushes back at business concerns that budget overlooked competitiveness worries
“I don’t agree with them at all," said Finance Minister Bill Morneau when asked about business group concerns the budget didn't address competitiv
- Justin Trudeau touts federal budget to first-time homebuyers during visit to Maple Ridge, B.C.
Housing has emerged as a major issue for many Canadians, especially young people who are trying to get into the real estate market at a time when pric
- Reality check: Scheer says Liberals used federal budget as a ‘political prop’
Andrew Scheer and his Conservative caucus members have been scathing in their attacks on this week's decision by the Liberal-dominated House of Common
- Federal budget 2019: What to know about the new CMHC mortgage incentive
How does repayment work? And will the measure push up home prices?
- Federal government’s journalism plan prompts praise from newspapers, criticism from broadcasters
While the newspaper industry has applauded the $595-million, five-year funding commitment, a group representing Canadian broadcasters says it's unfair
- Justin Trudeau’s Liberals have 3 budgets under their belts. Are they keeping their promises?
The federal Liberals have not met the two "fiscal anchors" they set for themselves in the 2015 election campaign. But they've made progress elsewhere.
- Trudeau says national budget deficit remains sustainable, defends Liberal budget
Trudeau acknowledged that his government has been borrowing heavily but he emphasized that although the national debt keeps growing, the economy is gr
- Concerns raised over federal budget’s impact on Lethbridge economy
Bridget Mearns with BILD Lethbridge says the proposed first-time homebuyers incentive looks good at first glance but lacks the proper substance to hel
- Ottawa promises to make buying a home more affordable, but will it help in B.C.?
Ottawa is promising to make it more affordable for first-time homeowners to fulfill their dream of owning property while at the same time increase sup
- Council to consider loosening shelter zoning rules
A city staff recommendation to relax requirements on the distance between sites and their proximity to arterial roads is expected to go to a council v
- Liberals to fund watchdog to handle complaints by travelers, detainees against CBSA
The Liberal government is planning legislative changes to give the RCMP watchdog the additional responsibility of handling public complaints about the
- Halifax mayor calls federal budget a ‘positive’ one for municipalities
The municipality will also be receiving money from the Green Municipal Fund, which helps communities invest more in green energy.
- Full text of federal budget 2019 and Finance Minister Bill Morneau’s speech to parliament
Justin Trudeau’s Liberal government has released its last budget before the fall federal election
- Federal budget 2019: Your guide to this year’s highlights
Anyone who guessed that the Liberals’ last budget before the next federal election was going to be about the 'middle class' guessed right
- Montreal Mayor Valérie Plante gives thumbs up to federal budget
"I see the intention of the federal government, and it's really aligned with our priorities as well," said Plante at a press conference in Montreal.