Search Results For environment
- Nature reserve in N.B. gains a large property that would protect ‘wide-ranging animals’
More than 160 hectares have been entrusted to the Musquash Estuary Nature Reserve by two sisters from Maine.
- Halifax MP announces $15M project to clean up water in Harrietsfield
Halifax MP Andy Fillmore announced a 15-million dollar project on Thursday aimed at cleaning up an area of a now defunct recycling plant.
- Severe thunderstorm watch issued for Ottawa, warns of 100 km/h wind, chance of ‘isolated tornado’
Environment Canada urges residents to "take cover immediately if threatening weather approaches."
- High Level wildfire crews fight fire with fire to protect Alberta town
The town of High Level says a successful controlled burn was carried out Wednesday to help keep a raging nearby wildfire at bay from the northern Albe
- ‘Where the hell are we supposed to go’: Winnipeg set to dismantle homeless camps
The City is planning to dismantle homeless encampments on public property, but those who live there and those who support them say that won't solve th
- Meadow Lake Tribal Council clean energy project to power thousands of homes
The Meadow Lake Tribal Council Bioenergy Centre will use sawmill biomass residuals to produce 6.6 megawatts of carbon-neutral green energy – enough
- Canada has hired a firm to ship garbage back from the Philippines, environment minister says
The announcement comes hours after Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte ordered his government to find a company to take the waste and then leave it i
- IN PHOTOS: Premier Kenney takes aerial tour of High Level wildfire
Premier Jason Kenney went on an aerial tour of the area and visited the emergency operations centre in High Level.
- Wind remains on firefighters’ side in bout with High Level wildfire
The blaze has been rated at a Level 6 — the most intense rating on the scale — which means flames are jumping from treetop to treetop in the tinde
- Age no bar for courage
Toothless and nearly blind, grandmother Pham Thi Ca refuses to leave her plot of land even after bulldozers demolished her house, an extraordinary hol
- Air pollution affecting growth of trees
Washington: Air pollution is not just responsible for affecting human health, it can also affect the growth of trees, a recent study suggests. The stu
- Plastic straws, coffee stirrers and cotton buds to be banned from April to protect the environment
MICHAEL Gove last night confirmed plastic straws, drink stirrers and cotton buds will be banned from April next year – and insisted the move had the
- Tamil Nadu's Janus-faced approach condemnable, says M K Stalin
Chennai: On the eve of the first anniversary of the horrific police firing against anti-Sterlite protesters in Thoothukudi, the DMK president M K Stal
- Say no to plastic in your garden
Washington: Take, for instance, black plastic sheeting sold as mulch. This stuff appears at first to be a cure-all for weed problems. Lay it on the gr
- A great white shark was tracked in Long Island Sound for the first time. That’s good news
The presence of Cabot, a 500-pound 10-footer tagged in October, indicates cleaner waters full of the sea life that drew him in the first place.
- World Environment Day painting competition
To mark the upcoming World Environment Day-2019, the Karnataka State Pollution Control Board (KSPCB) will be holding painting competition for primary
- Millions of songbirds ‘vacuumed’ to death every year during olive harvest season
Olive trees are stipped of their fruit and the birds resting in them are also sucked into the machines.
- Power, cell service lost as ‘Level 6’ wildfire burns out of control in High Level
The out-of-control wildfire that forced the evacuation of High Level, Alta., on Monday is currently listed as a Level 6, the most severe, given how ac