Search Results For ecosystem
- Land of Unicorns
Whether it is e-commerce, ride-hailing or food tech, close to 90% of the market in all new-age businesses is controlled by Unicorns. So how do smaller
- Antarctica: Why researchers were STUNNED after diving below iceberg – ‘INCREDIBLE!'
ANTARCTICA researcher were left stunned when they scaled below a huge iceberg in the middle of the Southern Ocean.
- Make forest creation on degraded and private village land a priority
Sacred groves could add lakhs of hectares to India’s green cover and restore our depleting natural wealth.
- ‘No negotiations:’ Inuit group asks for Eastern Arctic areas to not be developed
"There's some very highly sensitive areas," said P.J. Akeeagok, president of the Qikiqtani Inuit Association. "There's no negotiations on certain poin
- Human-made changes are cause of connectivity loss in global rivers
Washington: Infrastructure development and other human-made changes are the leading contributors to connectivity loss in global rivers, resulting in d
- Power poop: Penguin excrement makes Antarctica thrive
For more than half a century, biologists studying Antarctica focused their research on understanding how organisms cope with the continent's sever
- Warm ocean water to affect monsoons
Washington: New research finds ocean activity may control the strength and intensity of summer monsoons. The results could help researchers predict ho
- Great expectations: Why M&A deals fall apart
Swiggy-Zomato, Swiggy-UberEats India, Bigbasket-Grofers are among few M&A deals that did not go through. Were valuations the reason?
- Amazon Alexa Skills Blueprints launched with emphasis on providing flexibility to creators
The four new Alexa Skills Blueprints include a new Flash Briefing to let content creators publish on Alexa, as well as support for Wordpress blogs.
- Importance of localising data in payments ecosystem
Since then, the government has drafted a similar policy for foreign e-commerce players as well.
- Civilization accelerating extinction, altering natural world at ‘unprecedented’ pace, UN report says
The 1,500-page report is the most exhaustive look yet at the decline in biodiversity across the globe and the dangers that creates for human civilizat
- Earth’s natural diversity is at great risk but there is still time to save it, UN report says
But only by overhauling the global economic system, along with most other political and social institutions can we reverse an acute, accelerating, and
- Protecting marine ecosystem is top concern of gov’t – Palace
MANILA, Philippines --- Protecting the marine environment of the West Philippine Sea (WPS) is the government's top concern, presidential spokesperson
- Climate change to aggravate water scarcity
There has been substantial increase in the level of carbon dioxide and other gases in the atmosphere, especially over the last one decade. And these g
- Continued loss of biodiversity and ecosystems will undermine ability for poverty reduction
The ongoing deliberations are expected to provide the basis for a rescue plan for life on the planet that experts hope will be used by governments to
- Sask. government creates new advisory committee supporting women entrepreneurs
Government of Saskatchewan is supporting women entrepreneurs through the creation of a new advisory committee.
- As Airbnb transformed the travel sector, a startup ecosystem developed around it
The so-called alternative accommodations market suddenly isn’t so alternative. It’s big business.
- Bangalore & Moscow in world's top 20 cities for startups; explores bilateral synergy
Moscow moved up from 14th position in 2017 to 10th position, while Bengaluru moved from 21th position to 11th position, bypassing cities such as Tokyo
- Rebound tourism threatens Egypt's fragile marine ecosystem
Cairo: In serene turquoise waters off Egypt's Red Sea coast, scuba divers ease among delicate pink jellyfish and admire coral, yet a rebounding to