Search Results For economy
- New govt faces challenges of arresting slowdown, creating jobs: Economists
New Delhi: After a landslide victory at the general election, Prime Minister Narendra Modi faces immediate challenge of arresting a slowdown in the wo
- UN forecasts global economy to grow 2.7% in 2019
United Nations: The United Nations on Tuesday downgraded its forecast for world economic growth, announcing t
- FIIs cheer Modi’s landslide win, ask him to fix economy, reforms
Modi’s immediate challenge will be to boost economic growth.
- Boosting economy to bridging divide, PM Modi has his task cut out
As PM Modi takes charge for a second time, it is time for India’s political leadership to shift gears and turn on their governance lens.
- Create supply side revolution, unleash exports to fire up economic engine
Many positives are priced in and equities are no longer cheap; have adequate debt exposure.
- Export-oriented policies needed for Reform 2.0: Principal Economic Advisor Sanjeev Sanyal
Sanyal also pointed that trade war should be used as an opportunity to boost India’s competitiveness.
- DNA Money Edit: Decisive mandate for structural reforms
Employment generation, manufacturing and infrastructure and agriculture reforms are some other areas that need immediate attention
- Montreal AI company announces partnership with WILL.I.AM at C2 conference
The annual Montreal conference on commerce and creativity welcomed Montreal-based AI company Stradigi AI and their new advisor WILL.I.AM to the stage.
- Brexit LIVE: Defiant Theresa May could STILL try to pass Brexit deal DURING departure
THERESA May could STILL try and force her Brexit divorce deal through the House of Commons, despite the widespread expectation she will today announce
- Modi will need to hit the ground running with economy, Pakistan
New Delhi: From a shortage of job opportunities and a stuttering economy to tense ties with old foe Pakistan, Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi will
- Reforms, job creation need of the hour: Economists to Modi govt
Reforms in agriculture, policy measures to increase household savings and tightening of expenditure are direly needed, they said.
- View: An active private sector and liberal trade policy will help the growth story
Creation of well-paid jobs for this vast workforce is nearly synonymous with transforming India into a modern economy.
- The big challenges for Modi govt 2.0
India may be the fastest-growing major economy in the world, but it confronts serious headwinds.
- View: Who lost? The economy, stupid
Modi has been handed a blank cheque. He must ensure it doesn’t bounce
- IMF warns US-China trade war will 'jeopardize' 2019 global growth
Optimism was high earlier this month that a deal was within striking distance but tensions erupted leading to a stand-off.
- Tax cuts, robust banking sector to revive private investment: Economists
The current expected investment recovery is heavily dependent on government spending as incremental private corporate capex is yet to revive.
- UN cuts India's growth rate by 0.6%, but at 7% it remains fastest growing economy in world
New Delhi: As the United Nations released the World Economic Situation and Prospects (WESP) 2019 Mid-year Upd