Search Results For cryptocurrencies
- Altcoins Set to Challenge Bitcoin's Cryptocurrency Dominance with Steady Rise
These 'altcoins', literally alternate coins, comprise over 2,000 cryptocurrencies much smaller than Bitcoin, but may collectively challenge Bitcoin's
- Britain under siege from organised crime gangs with 180k villains — double the strength of the British Army
MORE than 180,000 villains linked to serious organised crime are laying siege to Britain, a report reveals today. The total is double the strength of
- Government department discuss draft bill to ban cryptocurrencies
Government departments have endorsed the idea of a complete ban on all types of cryptocurrency, sources said.
- After the bust, are bitcoins more like tulip mania or the internet?
When bitcoin was introduced in 2009, it was described as a new way to make payments online, without the fees that credit card companies charge.
- Facebook, Telegram Working on Their Own Cryptocurrencies: Report
With Facebook's plan to merge its three platforms -- Messenger, WhatsApp and Instagram - the digital currency would reach nearly "2.7 billion people w
- Facebook, others plan to launch new cryptocurrencies
The internet outfits, including Facebook, Telegram and Signal, are planning to roll out new cryptocurrencies over the next year that are meant to allo
- Bitcoin gets a delayed boost after JPMorgan embraces cryptocurrencies
Bitcoin is approaching $4,000 for the first time since the start of the year.
- Bitcoin gets a boost from JPMorgan’s embrace of cryptocurrencies
Bitcoin is approaching $4,000 for the first time since the start of the yearJPMorgan has developed a prototype digital coin that it plans to use to sp
- Over $450K in QuadrigaCX cryptocurrencies lost in inaccessible hardware wallets: report
The court-appointed monitor's report says QuadrigaCX "inadvertently" transferred 103 Bitcoins valued at $468,675 to so-called cold wallets, which the
- Crypto CEO Dies Holding Only Passwords That Can Unlock Millions in Customer Coins
Quadriga said it's unable to gain access to $145 million of Bitcoin and other digital assets after the death of Cotten, its 30-year old CEO and Co-Fou
- Canadian Crypto Platform CEO, Who Held Password to Unlock Millions of Dollars, Dies in India
Gerald Cotten died aged 30 from complications with Crohn's disease while volunteering at an orphanage in India, according to the Facebook page of Quad
- Millions in cryptocurrencies frozen after Canadian founder's death
Quadriga has 363,000 registered users and owes C$250 million to affected users, says an affidavit.
- Cryptocurrencies and Crimes
In “Neptune’s Brood” a sci-fi novel by Charles Stross, set in AD 7000, Homo sapiens are extinct, and all the characters are androids
- 2018 round-up: Tax on cryptocurrencies
There is not enough clarity on whether cryptocurrencies must be treated as capital assets or whether the gains must be classified as income from other
- No respite for cost of remittance
In terms of funds, remittance saw the lowest inflow from investors in 2018 while it was led by lending and payments
- Ether leads rally as cryptocurrencies extend December rebound
Ether, the third-largest digital currency after Bitcoin and XRP, jumped 37% to $148 in New York
- Bitcoin Company in Jammu and Kashmir Booked for Duping People
The Crime Branch received a complaint from some people that a representative of a company, GainBitcoin, approached them and asked them to invest their
- History shows this week’s bitcoin rally could be fleeting
The momentum that saw bitcoin soar from under $1 to almost $20,000 between 2011 and the end of last year is gone and unlikely to return
- It looks like bitcoin has found a new bottom
Bitcoin extended gains for a fifth day on Wednesday, heading for the longest winning streak since September
- Samsung Bitcoin App In Works With Ability to Import Cryptocurrencies: Report
Samsung's Bitcoin app is said to use PIN and fingerprint as the security options.