Search Results For council vote
- Ottawa city council votes to declare climate emergency
Council's vote comes as several communities in Ottawa and Gatineau are grappling with rising water levels along the Ottawa River.
- Toronto City Council votes to make King Street pilot project permanent
The vote was 22-3 in favour of making the project permanent.
- Calgary city council votes to study safety initiatives for downtown safe consumption site
The councillors' initiatives follow a recent police report about a spike in crime in the vicinity of the centre.
- Calgary council votes to freeze pay for 2019; investigation into councillor’s comments to continue
The integrity commissioner was asked to investigate whether Ward 11 Coun. Jeromy Farkas broke the council's code of conduct.
- UBC frat council votes to require all members to attend yearly workshops on healthier masculinity
All fraternity brothers will be required to attend yearly workshops on sexual consent, bystander intervention training and healthier masculinity.
- Regina city council votes to increase salary, address pay structure
The salary for mayor and council is on its way up, but at the end of the day, they're taking home the same amount.
- Council vote on whether to make King St. transit pilot permanent likely delayed until spring
Toronto’s transportation manager says staff need more time to collect a full year’s worth of data.
- Senneville council votes to rezone area slated for controversial condo project
Senneville town council votes to re-zone site to allow next step in controversial condo plan.
- Bar Harbor, Maine council votes unanimously for 5-year CAT lease
Nova Scotia taxpayers are likely to shoulder the burden of any potential move of the CAT with preliminary estimates pegging the cost to be at least US
- Peel council vote to increase police presence to combat rising violence
The motion, brought forward by Jeffrey and seconded by Mississauga Mayor Bonnie Crombie on Sept. 13, is part of the community safety and well-being pl
- Edmonton city council votes to restrict cigarette smoking in line with new pot laws
In the new public smoking bylaw approved Tuesday, smokers in Edmonton will have to butt out at most parks, golf courses and within 10 metres of doors,
- ‘Bold’ or ‘boneheaded,’ Halifax council votes to move forward with aggressive smoking ban
Council considered excluding tobacco or medical cannabis from the bylaw but ultimately upheld the plan to ban smoking and vaping on municipal property
- Saskatoon committee approves ‘pay-as-you-throw’ garbage pickup for council vote
Saskatoon city councillors have taken another step toward the public paying for the garbage they throw out.
- Council votes to protect Wascana Centre from future commercial development
Mayor Fougere will write to the Provincial Capital Commission, which governs the park, stating the city opposes projects that don't serve the interest
- Donald Trump’s star to be REMOVED from Hollywood Walk of Fame for his ‘disturbing treatment of women’ after unanimous council vote
DONALD Trump’s star will be removed from the Hollywood Walk of Fame because of his for his “disturbing treatment of women”, it emerged this week
- Halifax council votes to consider removing tobacco from smoking ban
Two weeks ago, council voted in favour of bylaw amendments that banned all smoking on all Halifax Regional Municipality property, aside from yet to be
- Toronto council votes to call for referendum on provincial bill to slash number of councillors
The vote followed heated debate at Toronto City Hall as local politicians weighed whether to wage a legal battle against the Progressive Conservative
- City council votes to delay building a new men’s shelter, citing cost increase
Peterborough city council asks staff to take another look at the project, citing it's ballooning cost.
- City council votes in favour of implementing additional hotel tax in Barrie
Visitors to Barrie will see a four per cent fee tacked on to their hotel bills beginning in January.
- Argyle to be the ‘fun street’ as council votes to close it to vehicle traffic on weekends
A portion of Argyle Street will be closed to traffic from noon on Friday until midnight on Sunday throughout July and August.