Search Results For conservation
- World Bee Day: How beekeepers are keeping the pollinating buzz alive
"I think we're here as a beacon to tell a message about what's happening to our environment, and I see that as as probably the most important role of
- 26 Maharashtra dams hit zero water storage level
In a far cry from last year’s situation, 26 reservoirs in Maharashtra have reached “zero storage” as on May 18, according to statistics put out
- Maharashtra drought: 26 dams hit zero water storage level as on May 18
Sanjay Lakhe Patil, a social activist, alleged that the state government's distribution of fodder camps for cattle in the drought-affected regions
- Ontario provincial parks gear up for first Victoria Day long weekend since cannabis legalization
For some nature-loving Canadians turning to provincial parks for their Victoria Day celebrations, campfires won't be the only thing set ablaze.
- Demolition of Ashram in Tungareshwar poses challenge to forest department
The fight against the illegalities of the ashram has been going on since 2004 after Debi Goenka
- Koalas on the verge of extinction
Recently the Australian Koala Foundation announced they believe “there are no more than 80,000 koalas in Australia”, making the species &l
- Make forest creation on degraded and private village land a priority
Sacred groves could add lakhs of hectares to India’s green cover and restore our depleting natural wealth.
- Wildlife corridors essential in an age of climate change, conservationist says
The conservation group, along with five others, met with some 40 partners in order to discuss how to maintain corridors in southern Quebec that are es
- Bear tumbles off cliff into stream after being stoned by people in Drass area of...
The bear had climbed a steep mountain ridge after being chased by the people from the nearby village, but fell into a stream after losing balance as s
- Passionate python rescuer: Meet Tom Rahill
Tallahassee: Along with the venomous lionfish, the Burmese python is perhaps the least welcome invasive species in Florida: lacking any natural predat
- Political brownie points over drought relief in Maharashtra
While several parts of Maharashtra reel under a drought - worse than its infamous 1972 predecessor - politicians are embroiled in an war of words, whi
- Webcam offers rare peek at spotted owl chick, one of Canada’s most endangered species
A breeding program in Langley, B.C., takes a fertile egg from a captive pair, incubates and hatches it and then transfers the chick to foster parents.
- Flooding, safety concerns, force closure of Hamilton’s Waterfront Trail
The Waterfront Trail is closed from the Desjardins Canal floating bridge to Princess Point, and will remain closed until further notice.
- 3-year-old girl attacked by coyote in White Rock park: conservation officers
"The child received superficial bite marks to the back of the leg and was promptly released following medical evaluation," said the B.C. Conservation
- Bird population under stress
Washington: The types of birds coming through your neighbourhood are probably changing, and so is the timing of their migrations. Birdwatchers noticin
- Aquatic invasive species pose risk to Saskatchewan waterbodies
One preventative measure the province is taking to stop zebra and quagga mussels from entering Saskatchewan is the clean, drain, dry program.
- Difficult for Bengal tigers to survive climate change: Report
New Delhi: Scientists have warned in a new study that climate change and rising sea levels eventually will wipe out one of the world’s last and
- Tamil Nadu government told to constitute panel to plan for efficient use of surplus water
The judge directed the authorities to issue appropriate instructions to the executive engineers to complete the work within four weeks.
- A million species risk extinction
Paris: Changes wrought by decades of pillaging and poisoning forests, oceans, soil and air threaten society “at least as much as climate change,