Search Results For cauvery dispute
- 26 AIADMK MPs suspended from Lok Sabha for creating ruckus over Cauvery issue
They were demanding that time be given to discuss the Mekedatu project proposed by the Karnataka government.
- Amid Mekadatu Tussle, Tamil Nadu Moves SC Seeking ‘Independent Person’ as Head of Cauvery Body
The move comes just two days after the state assembly came down heavily on the Central Water Commission chairman, who also holds the additional charge
- Cauvery dispute: Karnataka to challenge boards' formation in Supreme Court
Despite their differences over politics, the three major political parties - BJP, Congress and JD(S) - on Saturday put up a unified front on the issue
- Don't Confront Centre, SC on Cauvery: Deve Gowda's Advice to Son and CM Kumaraswamy
JD(S) supremo and former prime minister Deve Gowda has advised his son and Karnataka CM HD Kumaraswamy to adopt a flexible strategy to deal with the C
- Most Farmers Voluntarily Giving Land for Salem-Chennai Expressway, Says CM Palanaswami
Palaniswami said the green corridor, which will have eight lanes, was important as the number of vehicles had more than doubled now.
- No Karnataka Representative on Cauvery Panel, HDK Accuses Centre of Taking Unilateral Decision
Kumaraswamy said he would take the suggestion of the Advocate General to decide the future course of action and also meet Union Water Resource Ministe
- Kumaraswamy Agrees to Release 20,000 Cusec Water for Tamil Nadu
The water to be released from Kabini would benefit both sides and farmers in both states would be happy, Kumaraswamy said.
- Rajinikanth's 'Kaala' no show in Karnataka, pro-Kannada groups stop screening
Bengaluru: While the frenzied fans of superstar Rajinikanth flocked to theatres as early as 4 am to catch the first show of his movie 'Kaala',
- Rajinikanth's 'Kaala' release: Chennai fans cheer, burst crackers at dawn
Mumbai: Excitement and enthusiasm is simmering among superstar Rajinikanth’s fans whose is making a comeback to cinema with his latest movi
- No restriction to work for noble cause: Kamal Haasan defends meet with Kumaraswamy
Chennai: Facing flak from some farmers' leaders for meeting Karnataka Chief Minister H D Kumaraswamy over the Cauvery issue, actor-turned politici
- HD Kumaraswamy says, 'timing not good' for 'Kaala' release in Karnataka
Bengaluru: On a day the Karnataka High Court directed the Karnataka government to ensure security for the peaceful release of superstar Rajinikanth-st
- Has Kamal Haasan bitten off more than he can chew?
Chennai: Actor-politician Kamal Haasan’s suggestion that Tamil Nadu and Karnataka should hold talks to solve the Cauvery dispute has only irked
- Kamal Haasan meets Kumaraswamy, sees 'hope' in Cauvery issue
Bengaluru: Actor-politician Kamal Haasan on Monday met Karnataka Chief Minister H D Kumaraswamy to discuss the contentious Cauvery water sharing issue
- Centre forms Cauvery Water Management Authority to address water dispute
New Delhi: The centre on Friday constituted the Cauvery Water Management Authority in compliance with a Supreme Court order to address the water dispu
- Centre forms Cauvery Management Authority to address water-sharing dispute
The authority would comprise a chairman, eight members besides a secretary.
- Rajinikanth's film 'Kaala' not to be screened in Karnataka over Cauvery row
Bengaluru: Following Rajinikanth's comments on the Cauvery row in which he asked Karnataka chief minister H D Kumaraswamy to release to Tamil Nadu
- Rajinikanth's film 'Kaala' won't be released in Karnataka over Cauvery issue
Bengaluru: Miffed with Tamil megastar Rajinikanth's comments on the Cauvery row, the Karnataka Film Chambers of Commerce (KFCC) on Tuesday decided
- I am the people's CM, my father will not interfere: HD Kumaraswamy
Bengaluru: Haradanahalli Deve Gowda Kumaraswamy or H D Kumaraswamy, the newly sworn in Chief Minister of Karnataka made clear he is the CM and will ho
- Rajinikanth will change his stand on Cauvery if he visits K'taka: H D Kumaraswamy
Bengaluru: After Rajinikanth asked the new government in Karnataka to share Cauvery water with Tamil Nadu in accordance with the Supreme Court ruling,