Search Results For canada news
- RCMP hasn’t seen evidence that led to demise of Mark Norman case
The case revolved around a November 2015 decision by the newly elected Liberal government to reconsider a $700-million contract the Harper Conservativ
- Freeland to meet Lighthizer in Washington to push for tariff removal
The meeting at the United States Trade Representative’s Washington office is expected to take place on Wednesday.
- New Brunswick officials warn of exposure to second case of measles
The province’s chief medical officer of health says the case was confirmed at Kennebecasis Valley High School in the last few days.
- Supreme Court justice Clément Gascon has been found, Ottawa police say
Police had asked for the public’s assistance after Clément Gascon was reported missing in Ottawa.
- One confirmed dead following northwestern B.C. plane crash
The joint rescue co-ordination centre received a notification Saturday from an emergency locator transmitter, indicating a small plane had gone down.
- Supreme Court refuses to hear challenge to controversial Saudi arms deal
Montreal law professor Daniel Turp, citing Saudi Arabia's poor human-rights record, asked the Federal Court to review the government's decision to iss
- Edmonton judge to rule on whether Omar Khadr’s sentence has expired
Khadr’s lawyer Nathan Whitling has told an Edmonton court that Khadr has served more than seven years in custody and on bail.
- Woman died after 11-hour ER wait at New Brunswick hospital, sister says
Marianne Porter’s vitals were normal, but she was left in the waiting room in severe pain, waiting for hours before she was finally seen, her sister
- New Brunswick chief medical officer issues fentanyl warning in province following death
The government says there were six apparent opioid deaths in the province in the first quarter of 2018, five of which were accidental or with “pendi
- Liberal budget to include update to Trudeau’s plan to support news industry
Last fall, the Liberals announced new tax credits and incentives, worth 595 million dollars over the next five years, to support the struggling news i
- Justin Trudeau CRISIS: Canada PM branded ‘MOST UNIMPRESSIVE’ leader amid RESIGNATION calls
CRISIS-hit Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has been branded “one of the most unimpressive individuals” to have ever led the country, as he
- Quebec ferry service interrupted again after crash opens hole in ship’s bow
The MV Apollo, purchased as a temporary replacement after another ferry was sent to dry dock in December, struck the wharf in Godbout, Que., Monday.
- Some Quebec elementary schools experiment with letting kids play rough
At least two schools have announced pilot projects to set up supervised ‘rough play’ zones in the schoolyard, where students can shove, grab and w
- Jurors deliberate in case of Montreal man charged with killing ailing wife
Michel Cadotte, 57, stands trial on a charge of second-degree murder in the death of his wife Jocelyne Lizotte, stricken by advanced Alzheimer’s dis
- Saskatoon police charge three men in drug overdose deaths of four people last March
Last March, police were warning people about cocaine laced with the dangerously powerful opioid fentanyl following numerous overdoses, including the d
- Saskatchewan feline rescue group founder won’t have majority of seized animals returned, judge rules
A woman who runs a province-wide cat rescue program has been told by a judge that only one of 100 felines seized from her home last month will be give
- Manitoba urged to end long solitary confinement for youth after boy isolated for 400 days
Daphne Penrose and provincial ombudsman Marc Cormier jointly investigated the use of solitary confinement, segregation and pepper spray in Manitoba’
- Federal NDP loses two more incumbents as Quebec MPs say they won’t seek re-election
MPs Marjolaine Boutin-Sweet and Anne Minh-Thu Quach added their names to the growing list of NDP caucus members who will not be seeking re-election la
- MP urges RCMP to investigate allegations of forced, coerced sterilizations
Davies sent a letter to RCMP Commissioner Brenda Lucki Thursday, urging action on the issue because “multiple, credible allegations of crimes” hav
- CN still tallying amount of oil spilled in Manitoba train derailment
Spokesperson Jonathan Abecassis says wood chips are being mixed with the spilled oil and hauled away with the contaminated soil.