Search Results For canada federal budget
- Ottawa promises to make buying a home more affordable, but will it help in B.C.?
Ottawa is promising to make it more affordable for first-time homeowners to fulfill their dream of owning property while at the same time increase sup
- Federal budget 2019: Here are the ‘goodies’ taxpayers can hope for
Finance Minister Bill Morneau is set to table the 2019 federal budget on March 19. What can Canadians expect?
- The government wants to share more of your tax information
Here's what you need to know about changes being proposed in this week's federal budget.
- COMMENTARY: Federal Budget 2018 — all the nice stuff borrowed money can eventually buy
Matt Gurney says Federal Budget 2018 is the latest example of a government unnecessarily digging itself deeper in debt to buy votes with our own money
- Big bank economists flag federal budget’s happy-go-lucky stance on deficit
The budget contains little in terms of contingency measures vis-a-vis NAFTA, the Trump tax cuts or a future recession.
- Taxpayers to shell out $605M for G7 meeting
Canada will host the G7 summit in June with the total cost to Canadian taxpayers being set at $605 million.
- Government to phase out $1,000 bill and several older banknotes as legal tender
Some of the bills affected date back to the 1930s, and they're still out there and considered legal tender.
- Liberals promise $5.5M to fund sex assault crisis centres at universities
And they might pull federal funding if university policies don't measure up.
- Budget 2018: $4.7 billion over 5 years set aside to support Indigenous children and families
The federal government is putting billions of dollars behind its bid for reconciliation with Canada's Indigenous Peoples as a whole, but also addressi
- Federal budget 2018: Bono praises Canada’s boost in foreign aid spending
"Oh Canada! Prime Minister Trudeau's budget - and the smart, women-centred policy that guides it - is leadership in action," Bono said in a statement.
- No tax cuts but low-income workers and small-business owners can breathe easier
Canadian taxpayers will find few nasty surprises in this year’s fiscal blueprint.
- Federal government to scrap Phoenix pay system, invest in better customer service at CRA
The government will scrap its Phoenix pay system for federal employees, after spending another $400 million to solve the problems it’s caused.
- Federal Budget 2018: No-Fly List Kids celebrate ‘huge step’ with $80 million in federal funding
The federal government says it will provide over $80 million over the next five years to revamp the no-fly list and its accompanying computer system.
- Canada’s 2018 budget contains no timetable to balance books
Due to new investments, the federal government will continue posting annual deficits.
- Budget 2018 outlines how cannabis will be taxed, grants money to fight opioid crisis
The federal government expects a maximum of $100 million per year from marijuana tax revenue. But are the taxes being set at the correct rate?
- Trudeau government reveals the 2018 federal budget
Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, alongside Finance Minister Bill Morneau, is slated to unveil the 2018 federal budget Tuesday.
- Federal Budget 2018: Some (lesser-known) highlights, from Pharmacare to service dogs
Here are some of the most interesting and sometimes-unexpected proposals in Budget 2018 that could affect you and your family.
- Liberals introduce a new paternity leave and plan for pay-equity law
The new rules would enable families to take up to 40 weeks of leave as long as the second parent claims at least five weeks of it.
- Liberals to unveil federal budget; expected to focus on gender equality, pharmacare plan
Gender equality and a national pharmacare plan are expected to be two of the cornerstones of the federal budget when it is presented in the House of C
- What to expect from Canada’s federal budget
On Tuesday afternoon, Finance Minister Bill Morneau is expected to table his government's third federal budget. Here's what we might see.