Search Results For canada budget
- NDP says they’ll boost pharmacare, childcare programs with higher capital gains tax
Federal New Democrats say they would hike the tax on investment profits to pay for pharmacare as well as more affordable childcare and housing.
- Trudeau now has a lower approval rating than Trump, with Tories way ahead: Ipsos poll
The Conservatives are sitting pretty in crucial provinces like Ontario and B.C., with Trudeau falling behind among two of his key demographics from 20
- Morneau pushes back at business concerns that budget overlooked competitiveness worries
“I don’t agree with them at all," said Finance Minister Bill Morneau when asked about business group concerns the budget didn't address competitiv
- Federal budget 2019: What to know about the new CMHC mortgage incentive
How does repayment work? And will the measure push up home prices?
- Toronto’s real-estate market risky for money laundering, with $28B in opaque investments: report
Toronto's real-estate market is a big target for criminal money launderers because of weak regulations, according to a new report.
- Justin Trudeau’s Liberals have 3 budgets under their belts. Are they keeping their promises?
The federal Liberals have not met the two "fiscal anchors" they set for themselves in the 2015 election campaign. But they've made progress elsewhere.
- Trudeau says national budget deficit remains sustainable, defends Liberal budget
Trudeau acknowledged that his government has been borrowing heavily but he emphasized that although the national debt keeps growing, the economy is gr
- Liberal budget sets aside $4.5B for Indigenous services
Speaking to reporters, Finance Minister Bill Morneau stressed the Liberals have been committed to reconciliation from the beginning of their mandate.
- Federal budget 2019: $1B border strategy promises to get tough on irregular asylum seekers
A plan costing $1.18 billion over five years is promised in the 2019 federal budget to beef up border security
- ‘Let her speak’: Conservatives drown out Bill Morneau while he delivers budget
As Morneau rose in the House to deliver the budget, members on the Opposition benches loudly clapped and chanted "Let her speak, let her speak," almos
- Liberals to unveil 2019 federal budget, attempt to set stage for fall election
The Trudeau government will attempt to set the stage for this fall's election - and provide some distraction from the SNC-Lavalin affair - with Tuesda
- Federal budget won’t be balanced until 2040, Finance Department says
A Finance Department report projects that by the end of fiscal year 2040-2041 there will be a surplus, but warns of a "fair degree of uncertainty."
- Federal budget shows billions in infrastructure won’t be spent until at least 2021
New figures in this week's federal budget suggest billions of dollars from the Liberal government's vaunted infrastructure program now won't be spent
- The government wants to share more of your tax information
Here's what you need to know about changes being proposed in this week's federal budget.
- COMMENTARY: Federal Budget 2018 — all the nice stuff borrowed money can eventually buy
Matt Gurney says Federal Budget 2018 is the latest example of a government unnecessarily digging itself deeper in debt to buy votes with our own money
- Big bank economists flag federal budget’s happy-go-lucky stance on deficit
The budget contains little in terms of contingency measures vis-a-vis NAFTA, the Trump tax cuts or a future recession.
- Taxpayers to shell out $605M for G7 meeting
Canada will host the G7 summit in June with the total cost to Canadian taxpayers being set at $605 million.
- Government to phase out $1,000 bill and several older banknotes as legal tender
Some of the bills affected date back to the 1930s, and they're still out there and considered legal tender.
- Canada budget breaks down gender barriers
Finance Minister Bill Morneau proposed legislating pay equity and offering parental leave to fathers "to make it easier for women to return to work so
- Kingston prison farms to reopen
Kingston's prison farm to reopen after new funding announced in the federal budget